Friday, 4 June 2010

Friday and recent finds.

A tapestry purse for an evening out?

A couple of William Morris anniversary mugs. I remember buying a set of these for my Mum in 1996 - she still has them. Mine were significantly cheaper thanks to CS bargains.

Any one for tea and cakes - who remembers these tea trolleys? I'm sure my Mum had one...
Gosh does this mean I'm turning into my Mum?

A pretty embroidered table cloth.

An old chair - now my sewing chair - not too big, not too small. Needs to be recovered, but how and what to recover it with? Patchwork? Tapestry?

Something I've been needing for ages - with a blue handle, just perfect for me of course.

I had a most lovely day yesterday meeting up with a friendly blogger , we had lunch together and then came back to my place for an afternoon in the garden. Lots of chatting and laughter together. Thank you Maisey for such an enjoyable day - one I hope we repeat soon!

Not a lot done today, went to bed quite early last night as I was really tired...woke with a migraine and the nausea that goes along with it, so just 'pottered' around. Lots of plans for the weekend...got my Green Swap to finish and To Do list to complete as a starter! I had a wonderful surprise arrive in the post this morning which I will blog about tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Love the finds particularly the whisker, great colour. Re the apron, I used a pattern by Decades of Style. They produce modern versions of old patterns. It was quite easy and didn't use much material. Hope your head is feeling better. Have a good weekend, I've also got to do the finishing touches to the Green Swap, it seems to be taking me ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( to the migraine - hope it clears soon.

    Some great CS finds.

    Regarding the turning into your mother thing - I think it happens to us all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those William Morris cups. Nice finds from your cs, better stuff than they have in mine recently!

    Looking forward to seeing your chair make over. BTW have a prestige whisk too. Haven't got a trolley though, bet you can add oilcloth to the top, paint the metal cream and make it into a very pretty shabby chic item!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. I bought one of those hand whisks for the boys to use for omlettes etc. They love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay - another crazy tea trolley like mine! My friends all think I'm completely barmy having one...xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the whisk! The colour of the handle is so pretty. I have one which used to be my grandmother's, it must be 50+ years old, but I love using it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the trolley is brilliant! I'd love one but no space for one here. Besides I can imagine what the girls would end up using it for! I'm not sure it would be strong enough for rides.

    Love your ideas for your new chair. I think patchwork would be easier to wrap around the cushion. And it would look amazing too. Good luck. Oh and I sure hope you are feeling much better now. Not nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous goodies you found - Lots of lovely memories seeing that whisk - the one my family had had a red wooden handle.

    Things on wheels have lots of uses, enjoy using your trolley.

    Cute bag!

    Hope your headache has gone on vacation and you have an enjoyable weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I lived near those CS. You always find the best treasures.
    It is even worse when you hear your mother's words coming out of your mouth!

    ReplyDelete