Yesterday I spent a lovely day here:

The morning was spent attending various workshops, from card making, knitting, quilting, embroidery and so on. It was all very interesting and inspiring. There was a lovely cup of tea and cake included and just after 1pm we broke up for a delicious lunch. We all spent a couple of hours browsing round the shop before the coach arrived to take us home. Of course I didn't come home empty handed and bought a few 'tools' for my craft work.
This building was an old pub which was converted about two years ago to its present use...and very well suited to it as well. Upstairs there is tea making facilities, a workshop room, knitting shop and card supplies shop. Downstairs is another workshop room and the main shop - which is huge! So many lovely fabrics and things to choose from. I did see a kit I would have liked to buy but unfortunately it wasn't available.
Anyway I will leave you to look at some of the photos...







Where is this delightful shop? It is found here 15 Watling Street, Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes. They have a website as well for you to find out more here : Threads and Patches
Sounds like a great day out!
ReplyDeleteJane
What a wonderful place to spend time in. Such gorgeous quilts on display, and all those delicious fabrics on the shelves!
ReplyDeleteNow that is my kind of shop! Glad you enjoyed your day out.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness such a lot of goodies to choose from!
ReplyDeleteJille x
Lovely shop and what a good use of a former pub. 8 days to go, how exciting, I wish I lived in that other Island, and we could meet for a chat on this trip home.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the pics to look at.
ReplyDeleteI'm really hoping the pub was the sort that used to have a 'men only' lounge bar and now the whole building is turned over to knitting and crafts. Hehehehe.
Ooooh, like a playground for a stitcher.... looks wonderful and sounds like you had such a fun day...
ReplyDeleteHugz
You must have been in crafting heaven !
ReplyDeleteWhat a great shop.
ReplyDeletewere you tempted to kidnap that blue and yellow star quilt?
Glad a good day was had.
This looks like a great place. Glad you had fun.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfect way to spend a day with friends and lots of inspiration. Looks like plenty of temptations there. Lucky you
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic place! It reminds me slightly of a corner-house patchwork shop in Brittany - I only drove past it, but I later discovered that Elizabethd of French Village Life goes there regularly! Thanks for your comments too.
ReplyDeleteThe UK has the best shops, yarn shops etc. We in Aus are sadly lacking.
ReplyDeleteI love the old pub.
x Sandi
That is my favourite shop!
ReplyDeleteDo you live in MK?