Lots of peas are coming on nicely, won't be long before they are ready.
The broccoli is doing well too.
Thank you all for your heartfelt comments. I phoned my Dad this morning to tell him and also to thank him again for taking me to see Playboy in March. So many lovely memories.
I somehow missed out sowing broccoli this year - hopeless! I think the memories will sustain you after the initial shock - I still shed a tear every now and then for my little Scottie, though.
Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved boy. I'm so glad you managed to get to see him while you were here. It must be very difficult for you to loose him even though he was old. Love to you Lorraine xxxx
Hello dear one, oh how horrid for you losing Playboy. I had a gray called Highlight around the same time that you got your boy. You just get so jolly attached to them don't you. Highlight came from the Waikato & was such a ratbag. After many near disasters it was discovered it was him that was opening the gate & letting ALL the other horses out (& himself) not actually some horse rustlers! I have been having a wee thought..what was it that you were doing differently when you went "home" that the pain was more manageable? Anything that can be replicated? Thinking of you & so pleased that you were able to do the catch up with Floss & everyone..bet you were a bit stuffed after that though. Much love Catherine x
It is so hard to lose a four legged companion, I really feel for you. Your veggies are looking extremely yummy, harvesting from your own garden is hard to beat.
I somehow missed out sowing broccoli this year - hopeless! I think the memories will sustain you after the initial shock - I still shed a tear every now and then for my little Scottie, though.
ReplyDeletePomona x
So sorry to hear about Playboy .... he had a long and lovely life and I'm sure he appreciated it x
ReplyDeleteVeggies are looking good - we eat lots of broccoli!
ReplyDeleteOh I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved boy. I'm so glad you managed to get to see him while you were here. It must be very difficult for you to loose him even though he was old. Love to you Lorraine xxxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photographs, Lorraine. I adore the soft green of them both.
ReplyDeletexxx
Your peas are brilliant. Maybe I will try broccoli next year...
ReplyDeleteJust read about Playboy, it's sad, however to know that he was well looked after makes it a little easier. Your veggies look so good.
ReplyDeletex Sandi
Hello dear one, oh how horrid for you losing Playboy. I had a gray called Highlight around the same time that you got your boy. You just get so jolly attached to them don't you. Highlight came from the Waikato & was such a ratbag. After many near disasters it was discovered it was him that was opening the gate & letting ALL the other horses out (& himself) not actually some horse rustlers! I have been having a wee thought..what was it that you were doing differently when you went "home" that the pain was more manageable? Anything that can be replicated? Thinking of you & so pleased that you were able to do the catch up with Floss & everyone..bet you were a bit stuffed after that though. Much love Catherine x
ReplyDeleteIt is so hard to lose a four legged companion, I really feel for you.
ReplyDeleteYour veggies are looking extremely yummy, harvesting from your own garden is hard to beat.
They look so good. xx
ReplyDelete