Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Next step - increasing medication.

The never ending saga of trying to rid myself of chronic neuropathic pain!

Having visited the doctor today about increasing my medication for the pain...at the suggestion of the Pain Specialist, and also to ask about this headache that has been with me for over a week now I have come home with more boxes of pills....I will be rattling soon.

I will be increasing neuropathic medication by 50 % for a few weeks and then by double the original dose if that doesn't work.  I will be on a dosage not used before by my GP so will have to keep a close eye on how I feel.  To start with I will be on 60mg in the morning and 30mg at night...I just hope it works throwing all these drugs down me!

I have also come home with some medication for these headaches which the GP agrees are probably nothing to do with the Chiari Malformation which is good and more likely migraine like tension headaches...so not strictly a migraine, but not the run of the mill headache either.  This medication I have to take twice a day as well.

If the headache clears hopefully I will be able to start posting something a bit more interesting for a change.



4 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope this is all good for you and quickly sets you off on a better track - and actually, your photos and posts recently have been great for someone suffering for a week of tension headaches! Get well soon, and every blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crossing fingers and toes that you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fingers crossed!
    don't worry about rattling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you read about the Botox injections being used for the relief of Migraine?

    ReplyDelete