Writing that post yesterday did me the world of good and I am amazed by the response it brought about and the lovely honest emails and comments I have received. Sharon, I am so glad you commented as I had 'lost' you in cyberspace when you changed your blog. I can't reply to you personally as you are a 'no-reply' blogger, but do feel free to email me if you wish to that would be lovely. I have now book marked your blog though.
It feels good to have acknowledged things publicly so to speak, but of course now I have to actually start 'doing' whilst reminding myself that Rome wasn't built in a day and my problems and house won't be sorted that quickly either. I will eat my elephant in small pieces.... As an often impatient person, and as a teacher once told me, a perfectionist, this is where the difficulties occur and I think why I have often given up in despair.
I spent most of yesterday sorting through a couple of doll boxes, taking photos and listing things on ebay and whilst I think I've made more mess in the process, I have sorted out about 16 assorted dolls to sell and whilst they probably won't sell for much they WILL reduce the debt AND declutter to some extent. I still have a very long way to go and at first it felt like I had achieved nothing. It is amazing how long it takes to photograph each item and edit the photos. I had to remind myself that I still managed to cook my husband a lunch, do the dishes, fold a basket of washing and even allowed myself a few minutes to go and enjoy my roses.
Today I hope to continue my progress, but also do some work in the bathroom as I really can't stand the mess in there any longer. I mean how many toothbrushes does a household of three REALLY need?? Of course it is then learning to keep it that way...little and often. It looks like a lovely day so some washing will be done as well, although on a whole I manage to keep up with the washing...it is just the ironing that likes to get the better of me at times, but that is due to a pain factor more than anything else.
Well onwards and upwards they say. I have to continually remind myself to keep going and not give up...
Thank you again dear friends for your ongoing support.




Hi sweetie ~ so glad you feel better for sharing your troubles. I would love to email you as I believe we have quite a lot in common but unfortunately I am having some problems with our email programme (hubby and I are currently accessing our emails directly from the Virgin homepage) which means I am unable to contact you directly from your profile. Perhaps you could contact me, which would give me your email address to reply to! My email address is sharon.larkin1@ntlworld.com
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to hearing from you :-) Sharon
Yes, every little thing you do makes things better - each tiny step is better done than left un-done! I've found that a real encouragement myself, and I hope you understand what I mean, because I don't think I've said it very clearly!
ReplyDeleteToothbrushes... ah, yes. I still don't know who owns the second pink toothbrush in our bathroom. Do I have two on the go at once, or did one of the males in my family deign to open and use a pink one? I really don't know, and I suspect no one else does, either!
I like what you say about keeping on top of the clothes. You need to give yourself brownie points for everything you ARE doing right, because it's not inconsiderable, and it gives hope that the other things can get done too... or that's my experience.
Still thinking of you lots.
Floss
Glad you are sounding more positive today - we are all here for you and hoping you will achieve some of what you hoped to do. Little by little you will get there I know.
ReplyDeleteHello Lorraine, I am glad that you feel better having got that off your chest. I don't know about you, but I find that only in the blog world can you ponder so extensively "out loud" & have people "hear" you & reflect empathy, understanding & kindness so dedicatedly. Not really an around town sort of conversation. I have been thinking about your reflections through today & came to one conclusion...that without a particular obligation it is so much harder to regulate muddle. Since we decided to start up a little Vintage Picnic Hire business we have suddenly found a much better sense of purpose & direction but of course that's the very area your dilemma lies with the pain etc. Having worked with an excellent homeopath this past year...wonder if you might consider reading the book "Impossible Cure" by Amy L Lansky. Even Rob is loving it (found it in our library) May not be the answer to all things but would certainly be worth a look for you. Much love Catherine x0x0x0x
ReplyDeleteLet me know if I can help ...any way big or small. email me if you want xx
ReplyDeleteWell done, you made a start ! Be kind to yourself and enjoy your roses. You take wonderful photos Lorraine - I hope they give you pleasure.
ReplyDeleteYou've been so honest here & I hope we blogger friends can help but you could ask for more help. I'm sure you are fed up with doctors but with your history of pain I'm sure they would agree to some councelling.
I get totally disheartened doing the housework & find the house overwhelming at times. What's the point tidying when it gets messed up so quickly ? But I'm pleased when it looks nice even for a short time.
Little by little. Record your progress & achievements however small as they are positive.
Keep going xx