So how am I doing at reducing my debt and selling my dolls you may be wondering?
(Part of this post is a direct copy from my Sewing For Sasha Blog)
(Part of this post is a direct copy from my Sewing For Sasha Blog)
I have managed to sell 7 of my beloved Sasha/Gregor dolls, but am happy to report they have gone to some really lovely homes. It has been really hard and a couple of dolls in particular I really miss. I have sold almost all of my Tressy collection as well as various other dolls, amounting to about 45 dolls in total, (oh I wish they brought in the sort of prices Sasha dolls do!) including the Sasha dolls. Sadly some I made the mistake of starting the listing at 99p thinking that I would get more than one bid, only to have to sell a gorgeous Crissy family member in her original clothes at that price - heartbreaking! On a whole most buyers have been really lovely, but I did strike one pretty horrible buyer unfortunately. Then of course there are the dreaded evilbay and paypal fees, that seems to reduce the amount brought in significantly as well!
I have managed to reduce a significant part of my debt, (will feel so much better when the dreaded credit card has been cleared) but do have a bit further to go so will have to do some more hard thinking and reducing. I am finding it easier to resist, although it is still difficult at times! Especially hard was going to the Sasha fun day and looking at all the wonderful items available and having to say no. I am learning what I really like and making do with things I already have.
I have started doing a 'Doll Inventory' going through all the dolls I have collected and gathered over the years and accessing the what, whys and wherefores... quite an interesting process.
I have started doing a 'Doll Inventory' going through all the dolls I have collected and gathered over the years and accessing the what, whys and wherefores... quite an interesting process.
I am making reasonable progress at the sorting and tidying, but it has to be done in stages, depending on how I feel physically. I have volunteered to do the Christmas dinner this year, so I have a deadline to get things really sorted and cleared for now. Usually my MIL has Christmas round her place, but she found it really difficult coping with it all last year, so I said come round here instead. I better start planning!
As usual I have fallen behind on some things and need to catch up, but I am hopeful I will get those things done this week. I have so many things and ideas I want to do and put into action, but just don't seem to get to do many of them, is it time? Is it organisational problems? Or quite what? I really don't know.
Latest health update:
I went to see a different person today who has a completely different approach to the general medical profession and he came up with a completely different reason for many of my problems and as such I received a treatment for the problem today. I go back and see him again on Thursday to see if there are any changes. I am hopeful, but then I always am!
We had a lovely weekend with our older son who came home for a couple of days. It was so nice to see him again and we all went out for a meal on Saturday night which was good. All is quiet again now.
Oops, forgot I've put the dinner on...must dash!
As usual I have fallen behind on some things and need to catch up, but I am hopeful I will get those things done this week. I have so many things and ideas I want to do and put into action, but just don't seem to get to do many of them, is it time? Is it organisational problems? Or quite what? I really don't know.
Latest health update:
I went to see a different person today who has a completely different approach to the general medical profession and he came up with a completely different reason for many of my problems and as such I received a treatment for the problem today. I go back and see him again on Thursday to see if there are any changes. I am hopeful, but then I always am!
We had a lovely weekend with our older son who came home for a couple of days. It was so nice to see him again and we all went out for a meal on Saturday night which was good. All is quiet again now.
Oops, forgot I've put the dinner on...must dash!
Well done you! To be able to make a significant dent in the debt is really good. I share your hope about this new medical input... and how lovely to have your eldest with you for the weekend.
ReplyDeleteWell done! Remember Rome wasn't built in a day! Glad you are making good progress but sorry you are missing your dolls. Hope the new medical input as Floss calls it will help as that must surely make a difference to your being able to downsize and get on with things. I think we sometimes have so many ideas that it is not possible to do them all but like you I often wonder how some people manage to fit in so much!
ReplyDelete