
I definitely couldn't leave this sitting on the shelf today for £2.99 now could I?

Rather a boring post for most today I'm afraid as this is purely for me, to show me and remind me when I am having down days that I CAN and DO achieve things! Sometimes I think we need a little reminder...
Woke 6.30 am and had a quiet cup of tea.
Did the ironing in front of my light box - decided to try using it again as the light in our house is quite dull in the mornings.
Watered the garden and feed and watered the guinea pigs.
Practised clarinet (have been managing half an hour for a week now, with one day off every three days.
Started giving the kitchen 'a jolly good clean up'. Rather a big job and have finished - looks much better now - gee whizz, I actually have work surfaces! Who would have guessed?
Baked some biscuits.
Made the bed...this is done everyday so nothing new there.
Washed, hung out to dry, folded four loads of washing...one load still on the line.
Went for a walk down the road to pay for DS1's new glasses. Oh and bought Mrs White the chicken shown above.
Only two students to teach tonight!
I have the same chicken on my dresser - it was a wedding pressie & I love it. She has moved house several times & even lived in Spain !
ReplyDeleteYou have a light box ? We lived six years in a house down the road - I feel happier in this house ( seven years now )as the kitchen is in the front & gets a lot of light & sun - the old was dark & cold.
Great chicken buy! Nothing like feeling satisfied getting domestic chores done and baking!
ReplyDeletex
A Portmeirion chicken .... fantastic find Lorraine and by the sounds of things you are pacing yourself just right to keep the mojo going .... please don't overdo it though. BTW I have named my mannequin Twiggy ;-)
ReplyDeleteNo of course you couldn't have left Mrs White in the shop! She's just beautiful. You have had such a busy day. I mean cleaning the kitchen? Gosh that's a biggie, well it would be for me that's for sure! It does make you feel better about things sometimes when you have clear space around you.
ReplyDeleteI have a lumie clock, which really helps me. I have often thought about a lightbox. You have done stacks today
ReplyDeleteBlimey - that was a busy day!
ReplyDeleteLove the chicken - reminds me of the programme 'Bread' - know that will mean nothing to you as your TV less!!
It's good you had a reward after all that work.
ReplyDeleteYour chicken looks lovely against the tiles.
Hiya- thanks for your lovely comments, and good luck in my Giveaway.
ReplyDelete(I'm getting a bit nervous about it- I want EVERYONE to win!)
Love your blog
xx
Love the chicken. What a good idea to write down what you've done in a day. I get to the end of some and feel as if I haven't done anything(I wish!). I think I'll try making a list some days, perhaps it would make me feel better.
ReplyDelete