On Tuesday Sarah at Red Gingham posted a recipe for some Chocolate Chip Cookies. These looked rather tasty so I thought I would give the recipe a whirl!

Creaming the ingredients...
I realised I didn't have any golden syrup, sugar or enough chocolate bits, so just used the choc bits I had, and substituted the golden syrup with Manuka honey and the sugar for castor sugar.
Tray after tray of biscuits were made and they carry a warning....they are DELICIOUS!

The gap above on the tray is where the first lot went missing... I think between hubby, DS2 and I we polished off rather a few until I hid them away!
Goodness at this rate, what with partaking in scones, jam and clotted cream PLUS biscuits I'm not going to be doing well at keeping the weight at bay!
Last night I made another sewing companion...this one is going to be making its way to Jen at The Mad House I was going to post it today, but what with taking DS2 to the doctor for a very swollen right side of his face, baking and ah...sitting in the garden... I didn't get it to the post office. Will aim for tomorrow Jen.

A package arrived for me this morning - an order from Patch.

Some tape for bunting and my apron, and the most gorgeous bias binding - Yes they are new, but they will be used for making...I have plans...
Now for something slightly different, but still will be useful for the crafting. For quite some time a basket full of cigarette cards have been languishing in one of our local CS. I've been tempted before but decided they were too much. They disappeared earlier in the week so I assumed they had sold. They then reappeared - at half the price! Needless to say I snapped them up.


Hmm...I wonder what I am going to be sorting through this evening? Actually I might leave them for tomorrow morning while I am using the light box.

Tomorrow I am going to be spending the day at Maisey's Attic I'm looking forward to having a lovely chit chat, perhaps a spot of CS, meeting the famous Reuben and Maisey and generally just 'hanging out' , as my teenage son would say.
I saw the biscuits too and thought about having a go,wasn't sure about the cup measurements though. What did you use? Have a great time at Maisie's.
ReplyDeleteFloss sent me some of those cards last year, costume ones, they are so lovely to look at. Well done on the biscuit front! They look the same, so clearly you can leave things out as well and still have a sucessful biscuit. Shame they do go rather too quickly. We still have some left but hubby likes them a bit much in the evenings. Naughty man.
ReplyDeleteYour sewing companion looks so cute and the fabric is just beautiful. But I love your bindings. What fabulous quality they are. Now I know I need some meterage of those! I'll be 'visiting' the lovely Claire later on.
The biscuits look very delicious and pretty too, and your garden's coming along beautifully too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the advice about the cup measure, I'll see if I can find one locally.
ReplyDeleteSue x
Oh I do hope that DS is OK. There is no rush, I am just overjoyed that you made me one!! Those cards are wonderful, they will make fantastic gift tags and cards. Have a fab day tomorrow. You are sounding so much more positive and happy a the moment, it is great
ReplyDeletewow ! what a haul of cards...and cookies !
ReplyDeleteOh how I love your new apron. I am now inspired to make one just like it. Thanks Pam
ReplyDelete