Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Trunk Tuesday

A Posy for Tuesday

Yesterday I had lunch with a dear friend I haven't seen in ages. She is the kind person who is going to take over my school teaching for me. It was lovely to see her and we enjoyed a good old natter and catch up!

I managed to squeeze in a tiny bit of shopping before we met...

Another piece to add to my Singer collection!


Just need to see if I can find an instruction booklet for it now.

Of course the way my brain is working at the moment nothing is in order, but that just adds to the interest!

This morning I noticed the approach of autumn in the leaves of the Maple tree in our garden...they are starting to change colour.

Quite a variety of greens and yellows in amongst the leaves now.

The other morning I watched the sun rise and enjoyed the changing colours of the sky.


Quite dramatic!

I quite like the way I have caught the wood pigeon in flight, coming down to land.

This morning I took collection of this beauty:

Intrigued? Quite a story to this, which I will tell in another post when I am able to take more pictures when the weather is fine! That's right, it has been raining here the last couple of days...should have guessed by the colour of the sky really, and yet I still stubbornly hung all my washing on the line. Funnily enough it is still on there...dripping wet!

Ah back to my other little find yesterday:

A lovely handmade crocheted lace doily.

Look at the dainty herringbone stitch.


Today I did a bit of tidying...don't worry Sarah, only a very little bit...cleared the table so I could put this pretty table cloth on it! Notice I've only taken a picture of the table top!

Another pretty embroidered tablecloth which is now adorning my Lloyd Loom basket .

Before the latest bout of pins and needles in both arms, which I've had since Saturday I did some experimenting with orange cotton...

Yes another dishcloth!

Just perfect!

15 comments:

  1. Lovely photo of the pigeon! Is that an old trunk you have there? Glad you had a good time with your friend and that you have someone to take over your class for you.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must have been looking at the same pink sky early on Sunday morning ... it was amazing. I'm sure I have some old Singer attachments lurking in my glory hole somewhere .... I'll have a look at the weekend when I tidy it ... got to do it as the gas man needs to service the boiler next week and he won't appreciate climbing over my stuff to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pigeon photograph is absolutely amazing and it worthy of a competition entry. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that rose. Think we had it before it was dug out! Love your new doily too. And pleased you are not over dooing it. I vacuumed yesterday shock horror. Do you think many people only vacuum about once a month?! I just find we are so messy that it starts looking bad the day after. Seems such a waste of time.

    Sorry to hear about your pins and needles. Do you need another pincushion to store them in? Sorry couldn't resist that one! Hope you don't fine it too offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I've been so slack with my blog watching recently... still knocked sideways with this revolting flu bug! Glad to hear you're clearing your stress decks, take care x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely finds, I think that doily is knitted?
    Hope your catch up with your friend has lifted your spirits a little.
    Can't wait to see what is in the case? From New Zealand perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got too much lovliness in this post - I don't know where to begin! Sky, yup, lovely. Rain - yes, even we had some too (on my washing too, of course..) Doiley - fantasticly fine example!

    Hope you have an enjoyable, pain-free few days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressed with your pigeon photo, what a great action shot!

    I love the box your new sewing machine attachment came in, reminds me of visiting my grandma when I was wee, she had an old Singer machine that was built into a little table, wish she'd kept it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Young Joe says Hello to Sam :0) ...... he is waving to you from bellabag blog :0)
    Have a lovely day xx
    from Joe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE the picture of the pigeon coming in to land, the poise of its wings and the perfect skirt of its tail. You must have been so pleased to see that you'd caught in in just teh correct position.

    I'm a big fan of vintage tablecloths (whch reminds me I bought some vintage linens and haven't photographed them) so really can admire yours. I've got a drawer full and not enough tables to display them on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello there, thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. I do love your pics, and wow the pic of the dove in mid flight, magic.
    I had some lovely doilies etc but gave them away many years ago. I could kick myself now. Oh well!!!! I keep seeing the Miss Read books here too, I love them, but gave them away too, arrrrrh.
    Sandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that crochet work is so delicate & pretty.
    Your pigeon is funny .
    My house is a Big Mess - I plan a Big Clan but keep puttig it off. Tody I'm going to take photos of all the September lovliness.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi- you've WON MY GIVEAWAY!
    If you would let me have your address, I'll send the goodies off to you
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to you, what a beautiful giveaway to win.
    Sandi xx

    ReplyDelete