Friday, 29 October 2010

Busy busy busy

I am absolutely whacked! I bet I will sleep well tonight. Why? I was up at 6 am this morning and went for my second jog in a row. I know shock, horror, I've managed to exceed my record so far! Next up was the mammoth clean out of the guinea pigs, then the garage to make sure there is wide enough space to get a wheelbarrow through as they are starting to lay the base for my sewing shed tomorrow morning. I then moved on to the side conservatory/utility room. Again things need to be moved to allow wide access. I cleaned out a unit that I will be using in my sewing cabin for materials etc... I haven't stopped all day until now as my body just can't move any more! No I haven't done any heavy lifting shifting, just the cleaning up of 'stuff and nonsense'!

Yesterday I had a pleasurable day sewing. I used the lovely purple wool tweed material I bought a few weeks ago at the Travelling Fabric Show. Now the pattern for the style of skirt I wanted to make unlined, yet I wanted to make a lined skirt. So getting some of my other skirts out of the wardrobe I worked out how to sew the lining in. I did cheat a little. Normally I would use my overlocker for making any clothing to finish the edges nicely, but I could be fiddlefaddled to get it out so I just neatly zigzagged the edges.



Not yet hemmed but shows the true colour better.


Finished! I wore it out last night to my stitching group. Very nice it was to wear as well.

Now last night was also very successful in that I was able to use the large tables to spread my quilt out on and the ladies there showed me the best way to lay it out with the backing, wadding and quilt top without getting any crinkles. It is now all pinned ready for the actual sewing/quilting process. The walking foot for my machine arrived today so when I've got some free time I will practice before I start on my actual quilt.

I took my 'mug bag and mug rug' last night as well. Very useful, I had a lovely cup of green tea and a yummy biscuit. A few more hexagons were sewn and a few rows of my sock were knitted. Lovely evening indeed!

Now while I was talking to one of the ladies they mentioned yoga and as I have been trying to find a good yoga class I asked them about it and said it had been suggested that I do some yoga to help my aches and pains by my physiotherapist. Funny thing was that the lady had been recommended to go to this yoga class by the same physio! So I start Monday!

What are your plans for the weekend? Mine are to continue with my exercise programme...although I suspect I will only be going for a walk tomorrow morning as I will be too stiff to run. Also hoping to go for a walk with a friend on Sunday morning. Hope to be able to get in a touch of sewing during the weekend as well. DS2 wants to make some jam tarts and I have been promising him all week that we will do this, so I'd better make sure that is achieved at least!

Have a lovely weekend!

22 comments:

  1. Well done - you've achieved loads! I am still in Halloween prep mode, as we're having a few friends round on Sunday. Husband & the children are pumpkin carving & I shall be baking. Do pop by for a cake.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a busy time you have had. Great to see you exercising, hope it helps you to feel better. Your new skirt look fabulous, it has a knitted look about it. Enjoy your jam tart making and have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've had a busy day indeed! Well done you for going out jogging, I'm very impressed. Your skirt looks good and i love the fabric you've used. Our weekend will involve a visit to the Frome Vintage Bazaar tomorrow morning then on Sunday we're off to our friends' son's 4th Birthday party - Thomas the Tank Engine, here we come!
    D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. good on you superwoman! Your skirt looks lovely.
    Sounds like you are really enjoying your sewing group.
    It will be great once you get your sewing cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your skirt, that material is gorgeous! Well done with your exercise programme. Hope you have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you wern't too stiff and sore, you have done so much. Love the skirt such a beautiful color.
    Take care, hugs Sandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the aches and pains are feeling better the thought of your own sewing space should keep you going.How wonderful, Aj is going to the Army for 2 months in February and I have said when he comes back he will be in the garage as I will snaffle his room for my sewing room, he thinks I'm joking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure is a gorgeous skirt - love that colour.
    Enjoy the morning exercise it sure starts the day off on a positive note.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. With all that exercising you've been doing, I'm not surprised you've gone into overdrive. Really impressed with your skirt, it's lovely, and the colour is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy, busy, busy indeed! But when you achieve so much, then the aches and pains are kind of good aches and pains, if you know what I mean. The skirt is a very pretty colour. I love tweedy fabrics for the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The skirt loks great! Hope the yoga helps with your aches and pains, sounds like quite an enjoyable, relaxing type of excercise too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Busy busy ! I bet you can't wait for your shed ! Lovely skirt. So pleased you found a Yoga class to suit . Have fun but don't overdo it - but lovely to find you so bright & cheerful xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been busy. Your skirt looks very nice, it's a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Conversation with my daughter. Me 'A lovely lady wrote on my blog to wish you a happy birthday" Her "Thank you lovely lady" Me "Her name is Lorraine" Her 'Oh thank you Lorraine" :)
    xx Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a busy time, thinking of you and hoping all those aches and pains ease away with the exersise. Love the skirts :0) Thank you for your lovely comment, here is to the next 11 years of marriage hey ;0)

    Hugs and love as always

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Serenata,

    thank you for your comment on my blog ;-)

    I've been browsing through your posts and I'm very impressed with your photos, I see you are doing an OU course on digital photography, how are finding it? I've also looke dto see if you've mentioned what camera you are using, do you mind saying, I take it it's a DSLR, something that is on my long wish list.

    I liked your pictures of Cryril and there was one of a woodpigeon with it's wings up ready to land that I was quite impressed with. Nice 'meeting' you, I've become a follower.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel quite tired after reading all that!! Your skirt is lovely - super colour! Hope you have recovered from your aches and pains!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you with the jogging - not a favourite activity of mine! I love the colour of your skirt - such a great colour for this time of year. I hope you've managed to have a rest after all your activities!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your skirt..first time to your blog love it......

    ReplyDelete
  20. Crazy lady! It is a well known fact that you should never run anywhere unless you are being chased...
    I'm super impressed though... infact I think I'm in need of a lie down and a cup of tea, you've quite worn me out x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good on you with your exercise , I hope you aren't as stiff today .

    ReplyDelete