Thursday, 7 October 2010

A Magazine Swap & lots of Naughtiness!

A Magazine Swap?

This is the second time I have taken part in Floss's Magazine Swap. This time I was paired with the lovely Jill of Love to Craft and funnily enough neither of us could count, sending two magazines each AND a little treat. I forgot to photograph what I sent Jill, but here is the delightful selection she sent me:

Thank you Jill, I will enjoy reading through these and the Christmas one is well timed as I have my Christmas thinking cap on at the moment.

The yummy cupcakes I made for DS2 yesterday. Yes there are some left!

Now it all started with the need for a pattern to make a skirt with the material I bought myself at the Travelling Fabric Show...

....and ended in a spending spree!

I haven't driven further than to my physiotherapists house for sometime now due to the pain in my arm and shoulder, but today I decided to bite the bullet and go despite the pain...I wanted to get a pattern or two and also a larger cutting mat, as mine is really for scrapbooking and not fabric patchwork cutting.

As you can see I got somewhat carried away. Yes I even came home with some sock wool and a pattern to knit a pair of socks!

That led to me visiting the three Hospice shops nearby the fabric shop...

so much for me 'cutting down my CS spending'.


A little Royal Doulton china posy

Some books (these were free!)

A crochet and embroidered cushion (this was also free)

A blue willow bowl

I love this isn't it cute?

Pretty little jug.

A little teapot.

Oh and a rather large item...

I've been looking for one of these for years...since I started collecting dolls. Now I haven't bought any dolls for gosh it must be about five years now, (except the bride doll) so yes, i have been looking a long time.

They are either too big, too damaged, too expensive, or just quite not right.

This one was perfect! The right size and the right price.

Yes a china cabinet.

Of course now I've got it home, I am thinking china and ornaments in it instead of dolls!

Well I think that just about sums up my naughtiness for the day. Not going to go out anymore, it is too dangerous! Instead I am going to knuckle down and get cracking with all my sewing, knitting and crocheting projects.
Oh and my 400th prizewinners...only two more things to finish and then the gifts will be in the post to you all!

P.S. DS2 has just come home from school and said 'oh that's nice'. So the china cabinet has his approval...now got to hope that DH likes it (or doesn't notice it!)

12 comments:

  1. My husband wouldn't notice! Best you don't ever go out again you naughty girl.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great selection to come back with! Maybe stay away from the shops for the next week or so though?? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely! Oh and DH likes the cabinet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased that you have received your magazines. I have emailed you this evening! I love a good CS and you have done very well today.
    I really love the little jug. Jille x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, if we can't be naughty once in a while, life would be pretty boring. Anyway, I am sure you can justify each and every one of your purchases. They all look very sensible to me. Especially that gorgeous little jug with the beautiful little fawn on it, ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my what a naughty girl you are! Now you must spend all of your days sewing and knitting to make up for it! Love that jug and posy - so very sweet. Can't wait to see your new makings. Good luck with the hexies, i'm not that brave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eek! You did do well - beter than me, (re)discovering that the only two charity shops I know over here are both shut on Thursday mornings. And I had high hopes, too...

    Thanks for your nice email and comment - I am taking time for myself, just not for blogging!

    So what am I doing here..?

    Et nous allons parler français, eh? Allez, hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love all your buys for today especially the cabinet and blue willow bowl!!
    I think I can see the hexie templates in that stash you bought. Be aware they are very addictive! Are the fabrics for your hexies?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pain or not, if there is shopping to be done we just grit our teeth and get on with it. What a lovely lot of goodies to find a home with you. Happy sewing, knitting, crochet etc.
    Sandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lot of swapping you've been doing, you have got some lovely things. Mind you take care of your arm and take it easy with the crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is good to be naughty now and then, and as you don't get to drive far very often, well, you had to make the most of your shopping trip didn't you?!!! And you certainly did! I love all your goodies, those cutting mats a re brilliant aren't they? As for hoping that DH doesn't notice the cabinet, well, I would just say, Oh that! Wev'e had it for ages! Ha ha ha! Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow that cabinet is beautiful! breathtaking even!...you asked when we will be in the UK...late November! we'll be staying in crouch end!

    ReplyDelete