Friday, 10 December 2010

A Beautiful Sunset

Such a stunning sunset last night, not really reflected in this image as I would have liked, but it gives you an idea of the blue streaked with red/pink.

Now yesterday I spent all day tidying. You know it's not all that its cracked up to be, this tidying lark. In order to tidy up, it seems that more mess and obstacles need to be made...why is that I wonder? Not only that but by late afternoon you realise you can hardly move you back is so sore. I blame the vacuum cleaner, I didn't do any heavy shifting. I had to go to bed at about 7.30pm last night, dosed up with pain killers it was that bad. Ridiculous!

However, I did achieve some decorating with the Christmas decorations. Now don't expect anything elegant or stylish now will you as that is something I just don't do.

Father Christmas and a collection of knitted dolls that come out of hiding each year...

Christmas tree and teddies, and nativity scene. Will take a close up of this tomorrow when my camera battery has charged. The boys said to me, 'something is wrong Mum'.
'What?', I asked.
'That isn't it is it?'
'What do you mean?'
'The Christmas Tree has SHRUNK!'

'Well, it is the same tree we had last year, and we need room in our lounge for our guest'.

Much humpfing and grumbling...not about the guest, but about the size of our tree!

Hopefully they will get used to it (like they did last year) ;-)

Lots of fairy lights have gone up, not only in the lounge, but also the hallway and kitchen.

Something very special to me is this most beautiful cushion cover that I received last year in a Christmas Swap from my good friend Marina. We have built up quite a friendship in the last year, which makes this even more treasured and hopefully one day we will get to meet!



Isn't this the most beautiful work of art? I just love it.

I refused to do any tidying today and ensconced myself in my studio for the day and am pleased to say after much procrastination, dithering I have made several things...for swaps so no show and tell yet I am afraid.

Quilting and Patchwork group day tomorrow which I am looking forward to. Not sure what I am taking to do yet, will have to get up early, go for a run and get something organised.

Well dinner is calling...Shepherds Pie and Apple Crumble...not at the same time!

Have a lovely weekend.

10 comments:

  1. You poor thing, hope your back settles down for you! That cushion is just beautiful, it's a real treasure.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely sunset last night - I saw it over the Thames from the South Bank! Love that cushion - lucky you. My Christmas decorations don't come out till the week before Christmas as I get fed up with having them about by Twelfth Night if we pust them out too soon!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just shows that housework is bad for you ;)

    A few decs out here but not many - maybe some will appear this week and the tree can come out next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your back is better! I will put our tree up on Sunday (it would have normally been tomorrow, but we'll be at the Christmas Fair!) Your cushion is gorgeous - I will have to put one on the to do list!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how lovely, you're getting all Christmassy - shame you had to pay for it so painfully. Beautiful cushion made by Marina, what a talented gal.

    Love your blog header photo too.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Christmas decorating and that cushion is really special

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something tells me your boys have GROWN...lol..it's probably all those lovely shepherd's pie and apple crumble dinners! I hope your back recovers quickly from all that dreary cleaning up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can sympathise with you about the housework! I have spent an action packed day trying to get this shambles in some sort of order and throw in washing the two dogs too! I think my washing machine is going to go on strike due to overwork.
    Love your Christmas lovelies, they do put you in the mood. Could it be the boys have grown a little since last year too?
    I am so happy my cushion has become a treasure. :)
    big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I come for dinner??? Sounds yum.
    Love your Chrismas decorations, I don't have room for a tree, so have decorated my iron candle holder with lights and tinsel, could be worse, sigh!
    The blog header is lovely too by the way.
    Ouch your poor body:(
    x Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Knew there was a good reason to avoid housework.
    Hope you are all recovered.

    I love your Christmas decorations - and any tree is more than I can have in my little space!

    Beautiful cushion - that Marina sure is one talented stitchy gal.

    Enjoy your sewing day.

    ReplyDelete