Thursday, 23 December 2010

Hotchpotch

I hope everyone is remaining calm and collected and have managed to get all they need for Christmas, after all the shops are only closed for the one day so is there really any need for panic?

I woke this morning in pain yet again after a bad night so hubby said to phone the doctor. I managed to get an appointment in the morning and the doctor has advised that I come off the Lyrica as it could be causing some of my problems. So over a period of nine days I will be weaning myself off them. Let's hope that works as I am just so sore all over at the moment. The doctor also sent me straight to the hospital to have some xrays of my spine, fortunately we were seen straight away. She took quite a lot of xrays and asked whether I'd ever been told I have scoliosis before? Not that I remember, although I do remember my mum always telling me to dress myself 'straightly'! Anyway I will find out the results in about 10 days time I believe. Once off the Lyrica I have been given another medication to try just at night to help me sleep so we will see if that helps.

While we were out hubby and I then did the food shop and he bought be a dress as well. Aren't I a lucky girl? So we are now all nicely stocked up for the Christmas period.

Not up to doing much else today, haven't managed to clean out the guinea pigs, but have filled all their hutches with lots of lovely fresh hay and food and they seem happy enough. Would have liked to have done some sewing but well...best laid plans and all that. Might sit with some heat packs and see if I can manage a spot of knitting...I have a fun little project to make.

Just taking a few photographs around the house to brighten the post today...

A new bear...today's Advent gift.

Yesterday's Advent gift, a useful notepad and address book.

A card sent from a friend of Mark's. Oh he must know me so well...the perfect card...made me smile, just like the piggies are!

Cute little snowman and woman sign hanging on the wall in the kitchen.

A treasure I bought for £2 earlier in the week. Blue of course!

Wishing all my lovely friends a Very Merry Christmas!

11 comments:

  1. hi - just popped over to wish you happy hols, and am saddened to hear of your pain.
    Mediaction is so difficult to get right I know, and it can really get you down- it all takes up so much time and energy before you've even STARTED on the normal day-to-day things!

    Have loved reading your blog, thanks for the lovely posts, and the comments you leave for me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you will feel better off the medication. Love that cute guinea pig card - it did make me smile.

    Have a happy Christmas.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you too Lorraine! I hope your pain eases for Christmas Day at least. Maybe your presents will take the edge off it?!! That's what I'm hoping for my two sickies. At least one of them has the chicken pox for Christmas. Love to you and your family, have a very lovely day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things improve for you with the changes to your medication. Have a wonderful Christmas, love Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you - the little piggie card sure brought a smile to my face.

    Lovely treasure you picked up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping some relief is coming your way.
    Have a lovely Christmas and New year.
    Watch out for a surprise parcel in the new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sad to hear you have had such a bad night - and hope this next step will help.... the christmas pictures are lovely and the guinea pigs made me smile too....
    Hope your Christmas goes well, and the pain controlled....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. That brooch reminds me of my grandma and great grandma, I was very fortunate to still have my great grandma up until I turned 6.
    xx Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY CHRISTMAS - wishing you no pain next year xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry that you are still in such pain, I hope the change of medication works. Have a lovely Christmas.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi hun
    Really sorry to hear you're in pain....I can sympathise my lovely x x x
    Try and have a good relaxing time with your loved ones.
    Christmas blessings
    ((hugs))
    x x x

    ReplyDelete