Thursday, 20 January 2011

Teddy Bear Thursday

Today my bears and I are joining Melody for a Teddy Bear's Picnic, although I have to say not much picnicking has been going on as it is a miserable day today, overcast and drizzly. Still we can make plans can't we for when it is a fine day?


Looks like Big Ted and Arthur are having an in-depth conversation about the pros and cons of a picnic in winter.

Do you remember this little ted who arrived the other week? He has now got a name... after watching Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister, it was just obvious his name is Bernard.

Here he is with Brian (a friend made this for DS1 (now 19) when he was a baby) Sometime before we started home-educating (age 8) he drew a sad face with tears on Brian. Makes my heart break. I think Bernard is trying to cheer him up somewhat, they have been deep in conversation for days now.

Our newest arrival is Oscar sitting with Tiny Timmy. He has a certain air about him don't you agree?

Melody has a wonderful pattern on her blog to make a teddy bear. I have selected the fabric...currently in the washing machine, it is an old wool coat. I think it will give birth to a fine bear. Hoping to get started tomorrow.

The scan went okay yesterday - jolly noisy! So now just waiting for the results. Taking Big Hairy Dog to the vets this afternoon as he felt he was missing out on the special attention that Little Dog was getting and he too now has diarrhoea and needs medication! Charming.

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet big happy bear family! Oscar is a very handsome young lad, I am sure he will fit in very nicely, he looks very protective of the little one already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many sweet bears, I love how they sit together. And Bernard is so Bernard, you're right.

    Glad yesterday's scan was ok, let's hope you don't have to wait too long for the results.

    Yuk to dog tummy problems - you really don't need top be dealing with that as well!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely collection of bears - Brian is definitely my favourite! When I had an MRI last year, I was allowed to wear my lavender scented eye mask, so that I wouldn't panic at being enclosed, and I used my hypnotherapy deep breathing method to 'relax'. Hope the scan finds the cause of your woes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bears and friends are having a great day in.... luckily these days they can have cyber picnics with all their worldwide mates...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bears have an air of expectation about them. I can see them scheming to get outside for a picnic just as soon as the sun shines through.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bears, there really is something about teddy bears that is so endearing. I'll be thinking of you and hoping your MRI results are good. Thank you so much for coming on the Teddy Bears Picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great collection of bears. Love their names, too. I think I have a soft spot for Berard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny, I just visited Melody for the first time yesterday and down loaded her bear pattern! You are quite right Bernard is just Bernard! Excellent choice of names :0)
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Val xx Oxfordshire

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am so glad you have shared your bears with us, i am a big bear fan. pity i didn't know about the Teddy Bears Picnic.
    can't believe i missed do many of your posts, time just seems to have flown by lately.

    ReplyDelete