Saturday, 5 February 2011

Achievements on a Saturday.

This pumpkin has been languishing on the front porch since October last year... what to do with? Make soup of course!

Chop the pumpkin into small pieces, discard the 'off' bits, add some diced potato, chopped onion and some vegetable (or chicken) stock, put into the crock pot and leave to cook all day.

Give it a stir half way through.

Mash or purée in a blender before serving.

I like it thick, unfortunately no one else in the family does, but that means more for me!

Of course what do you need with soup?

A loaf of freshly made bread.

Now I didn't get to make the lemon curd the other night as I didn't have any eggs, so after we picked up the vegetables today I also got some eggs and when we got home...


Made lemon curd! Looking forward to tasting this later on a piece of freshly baked bread.

While the soup was cooking I finished some of the February tasks on my side bar. Reorganised the Cavy Shed (with a little muscular help), said goodbye to another four piggies who went off to their new home today. I'm sad, but it is definitely easier to cope with the ones I have left now and feel I can enjoy them a bit more.

Yesterday I posted the Friendship block off to Fiona, so hopefully she will get it soon.

Here is a little snap shot of it.


Oh and this morning a gorgeous hexie flower arrived for me from Denmark. My January flower from Maria.

It is wonderful, thank you Maria.

All in all, a Saturday well spent and although still the same level of pain, I feel better in myself and have a sense of achievement today. Certainly better than my whitewash of last Saturday! Of course who knows what tomorrow will bring? Hopefully a day of sewing!

11 comments:

  1. Gosh you have been productive! Love lemon curd and haven't made any for ages - must have a go. I did bake bread yesterday though.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking just the same thing today as I moved my butternut squash around the kitchen,I think I've had it since September!

    Lemon curd is lush, bet it tastes even better on that bread!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum, I love thick pumpkin soup too.... you have been so busy...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm you're making me hungry!

    Thanks for the comment :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can definitely be happy with yourself with your list of achievements. That pumpkin soup and fresh bread.....yummmm.
    The sneak peek of Fiona's block looks great, your hexies look perfect.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many good things to show us. Its actually cold here today so that soup looks great. Have you ever tried adding a chopped up apple to the soup at the beginning, tastes delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The soup looks delicious and I really LOVE the crock pot. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to have a crock pot, them it became 'old fashioned' so I got rid of it, silly me. Your bread looks so yum. My gran used to make Lemon Curd, and my daughter in law has made it, but I haven't, as yet!!
    Your teddies look very sweet and your little dolls very well dressed. You are very clever.
    x Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lemon curd looks grear and you've reminded me that I should use my breadmaker more often! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like my soup thick too - I don't like 'bits'!! The lemon curd looks good - I must make some more. You certainly ticked a few things off your list. I've got the dentist tomorrow for the next stage of my new teeth. Fingers still firmly crossed that all this work (and the expense!) will help with my painful jaw.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely Saturday. And what delicious looking results. x

    ReplyDelete