
Hello! I arrived home safely yesterday after a gruelling 30 hour journey. Had a wonderful relaxing time in New Zealand while visiting my parents and got to meet some of my lovely friends. I went for some great walks with my Dad, did lots of reading and some knitting.
It was nice to come home though, especially as my wonderful husband had been working hard on the house. The bedroom and lounge have been re-organised and tidied, as well as the rest of the house. It looks great. The daffodils are displaying beautifully beside my studio and out the front of the house.

I took my knitting with me and finished my socks. :-) Will definitely be making some more of these they fit wonderfully and wash well.
I enjoyed observing the life cycle of the Monarch Butterfly of which more will follow, but for now a taster.




So glad you had a good time and are back safe and sound. I wondered about you as you were due to go the day of the earthquake weren't you? Have thought of you and wondered how long you were to be away. Dear little pony.
ReplyDeleteJane
Welcome back - sounds like you had a great time.
ReplyDeleteWelcome home. Glad you had a wonderful time. The flight gives you plenty time for knitting I should think. Oh wait, you probably weren't allowed to take needles on the plane, were you? xx
ReplyDeleteWelcome Home. Sweet little pony. What a wonderful husband you have.
ReplyDeleteWelcome home! I'm glad you had such a good holiday - and Playboy looks fabulous!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a wonderful rest. Welcome back to a very Springy UK. Playboy is beautiful, I bet he loved seeing you again.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos.
xx
Welcome home!
ReplyDeleteI really really really don't want to say Welcome HOME coz weren't you just "HOME" and now you're back in England? LOL
ReplyDeleteDid my parcel arrive I sent it the next day to the PO Box . . .
Ohlalalalala those socks are simply gorgeous ::))
See you next year xxx
PS: this is the blog I was telling you about http://nicole-lifeonhoppinhill.blogspot.com/2011/03/behind-in-blogging.html you have similarities in your children
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! And straight away you spoil us with gorgeous nature photographs. The butterfly pics are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing lots of pics of NZ.
ReplyDeleteHey! Welcome home hunny!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you again
x x x
Welcome home - we've missed you!
ReplyDeleteWelcome home!!! Missed you and was wondering when you would be coming back.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear about your holiday.
Hello, hello... I wondered where you'd gone! I was worried I'd given you flu after our drenching in the car. I hope you had a good time and that your welcome home was awesome. x
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you had a wonderful time... always lovely to catch up with family and always lovely to get home too!! I am looking forward to you Monarch butterfly story... love the socks
ReplyDeleteWelcome back...
Hugz
Welcome back. What a beautiful horse. I'm so glad you had a good time.
ReplyDeleteThe socks look fantastic. Glad they put on some sunshine for you back home!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your revamped place.
Sorry I'm late, but welcome back! So glad you went home to something better than you left. You really must go away more often! It was so nice to catch up with you once again. S is still saying that same thing - "Lorraine? Nothing!" Strange child sometimes.
ReplyDeleteIt is so good to know you had a wonderful holiday and are back to such lovely delights. The journey time is what puts me off visiting my friend in NZ, but seeing your photos does give me a thought that perhaps some day I would make the effort. Funny that the comment above me is from Sarah at Red Gingham .... I have just emailed her to arrange to send some softies to her for distributing in Christchurch. She sounds a really lovely person.
ReplyDeletelove to you .... and have a wonderful weekend,
Val & Bella xx