Fantastic! I took my camera to our outdoor breakfast table this morning, imagining success of your sort. Yesterday Ben and I watched a very funny family of marsh tits tormenting their parent around the feeder. But no, today, there was nothing! I will try again...
Fabulous photos of the woodpecker - I am looking forward to the winter, when I should be able to get much better photos of the birds on the feeders with my new lens.
Crikey Dick, you have been busy! I've been catching up and i absolutely love the photo's of your son on the tramp... awesome! I remember when we first arrived in NZ and the real estate agent selling us our home commented that we'd plenty of room in the garden for a tramp which the kids would love!! I was horrified until Lily explained, in that very loud child's whisper, that tramp in NZ did not mean a homeless smelly man. Good times!
Love the woodpecker, I don't think we get those here.I always think of Woody Woodpecker's laugh when I see a pic of them.The thrush looks very elegant.
Wonderful pics! Lucky you to spot him and be able to take such brilliant photos.
We know we have a local woodpecker because we can hear him but have yet to spot him. I'd LOVE it if he came to our feeder (although I think he might be put off by the large number of big black crows that have taken over both the front and back gardens).
Wow an actual woodpecker. Do you ever hear him pecking at a tree?
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful to see a woodpecker up close.
ReplyDeleteFantastic! I took my camera to our outdoor breakfast table this morning, imagining success of your sort. Yesterday Ben and I watched a very funny family of marsh tits tormenting their parent around the feeder. But no, today, there was nothing! I will try again...
ReplyDeleteFabulous photos of the woodpecker - I am looking forward to the winter, when I should be able to get much better photos of the birds on the feeders with my new lens.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! I love seeing woodpeckers! :) x
ReplyDeleteLovely photos! Thank you so much for the magazines, I'm not sure what to stitch first :) xx
ReplyDeleteCrikey Dick, you have been busy! I've been catching up and i absolutely love the photo's of your son on the tramp... awesome! I remember when we first arrived in NZ and the real estate agent selling us our home commented that we'd plenty of room in the garden for a tramp which the kids would love!! I was horrified until Lily explained, in that very loud child's whisper, that tramp in NZ did not mean a homeless smelly man. Good times!
ReplyDeleteLove the woodpecker, I don't think we get those here.I always think of Woody Woodpecker's laugh when I see a pic of them.The thrush looks very elegant.
ReplyDeleteThose black and white woodpeckers always prefer the peanuts in our garden - I never see them eat the seed.
ReplyDeletePomona x
Wonderful pics! Lucky you to spot him and be able to take such brilliant photos.
ReplyDeleteWe know we have a local woodpecker because we can hear him but have yet to spot him. I'd LOVE it if he came to our feeder (although I think he might be put off by the large number of big black crows that have taken over both the front and back gardens).
xx