Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Harvesting and Ludwigsburg - Part Three: The Birds


We have started to harvest some of the lovely carrots from our garden.  I am quite impressed with how well they have grown this year and how tasty they are.  


In the weekend I picked some more beans and tomatoes and a some apples.  

The pretty little cloth I bought at the market in Stuttgart.



As soon as I saw it I knew I wouldn't be able to resist it.  Fortunately it was before I made my resolve to not visit any Flea Markets/Charity Shops/Car boots etc... ;-)


Blue embroidery and Butterflies - just perfect!

Another instalment of photos from Ludwigsburg, this time the birds.




Wonderful flamingo





In action - even caught the drips coming out of his beak.

5 comments:

  1. Great to be getting such a good harvest.... so far I am managing rocket leaves from mine!! The holiday pictures are great... and I love the birds.. flamingo's are so graceful
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful harvest ! I have grown small red onions but ever so tasty !

    Super photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, isn't it, when you can just pop into the garden and pick fresh fruit and veg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures! The cloth is really pretty, and great that you had such an interesting time on holiday.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have ADORED going back through your week's worth of posts and seeing what you got up to in Germany, and what you have been doing and thinking since. It was obviously such a super visit for you - I'm so glad. And an opportunity to re-think your focus and priorities too. I've had what I have now officially christened 'Slobby September', with the knowledge that it is going to turn into a full-on 'Organised October' tomorrow. And I've also run out of charity shopping money for the rest of the year. It sounds like we're going to have a few more things in common again!

    PS Lovely blue embroidery. If you can't buy more, it's easier to appreciate what lovely things you already have...

    ReplyDelete