Sunday, 2 October 2011

Wow, another brilliant sunny day!

A wonderful sunny warm day again today, and I am most certainly making the most of it.

I had DS1 out this morning painting the Cavy Boarding Lodge...



Looks so much better now and is ready for another year.  He also painted both sets of outside hutches.


Just look at that wonderful blue sky, isn't it brilliant?!



I've picked most of the apples off the trees and will have to be busy tomorrow stewing and preserving them.


This beauty I am going to have for desert tonight.



The leaves are changing and are such beautiful colours.


They will provide me with the inspiration for the Autumn/Winter Sewing for Sasha Collection I am working on.



I have been busy pruning roses and some of the smaller bushes/trees and hubby has been pruning the larger trees back.


My studio is looking good as well now it has been painted.  It is even reasonably tidy inside now!  Although still a little cluttered until I work out what to do with the 'surplus'.


This sweet little dahlia is looking pretty.

A busy day tomorrow; yoga, physio, new tyres for my car and hopefully if the weather is still good I have the boarding hutches to hose and disinfectant out.  I like to give them a good scrub after the summer boarding season before the winter season starts.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing the colours of the season change -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a day! I am so impressed (and personally motivated) by all you and the family have achieved - but don't overdo it.

    Gardening question - do you dig up your dahila tubers over the winter? I'm a real novice with them...

    ReplyDelete