Sunday, 1 July 2012

I have a bike!

I feel very lucky to have been given a wonderful 'sit up and beg' bike by a dear friend.  We brought it home Thursday and today my lovely son moved the seat down, pumped up the tyres and greased the chain.  I tried it out and went for a little ride up and down the road.  I plan on going on a bike ride each day if I can...starting slowly at first.  I would like to get a basket for the front and a rack for the back, so will need to keep an eye out at carboots etc...  The wheel trims need a brush down with a wire brush and treatment as they have unfortunately gone a bit rusty, but I shouldn't think that will be too much of a problem to fix.  It is a Raleigh Cameo in a burgundy colour.



Isn't she a beauty?  

I am hoping that the position being upright will suit me better and not bother my arm and shoulder too much, but only time will tell.

On to the roses for today...






And finally a carnation.


7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the cycling. I used to cycle everywhere but we got rid of our bikes when we moved to France planning to buy new hybrid ones when we got there but needless to say we never did. Not sure if I could cycle nowadays especially round here as everywhere is so hilly but I did enjoy it when I used my bike to go to the supermarket (kept shopping to a minimum!) to work and often out for a ride/walk sometimes too. Lovely flower photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, can you add a basket to the front. The garden is producing some beautiful blooms. It is very cold here but we are planning our garden for spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is one cool bike - let me know if it's twin comes along, I should adore it!

    blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely bike - very 'you! I think you're right about the design being more comfortable for you - I can't wait to hear about you out and about with your basket on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift Lorraine. I do hope that the "sit up & beg" position does the trick (never heard of that one before, love it!! You'll love biking. There's a certain marvelous freedom to it. Beautiful blooms...love all the colours. Much love Catherine x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bike looks perfect - hope it works for you.
    Pretty blooms as always. Lovely roses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely bike - happy pedalling!

    ReplyDelete