Wednesday, 20 February 2013

My Cavies.

Who lives with Whom?

First up are three boars who have lived together for a long time now.



Oscar - home bred Abyssinian born 12th October 2008


Gorgeous Pickles, a real cheeky lad, probably born May 2007


October, home bred Golden American Crested - born 22nd October 2007

Below them live another two boars...



Home bred Aby Tort & White Boar, whose details are on my other computer.  He lives with a right little scallyway:


Little Rocky a relative newcomer, and the only non-geriatric cavy in my shed!

Across the other side I have two more groups of boars.




Not that you would believe it now, but Alexander won Best Lunkarya and Best New & Emerging at the London Cavy Show quite a few years back now!

He lives with:


A red Aby I bred who came back to live here last year.  He is called Popcorn.

They both live with


This Lunky boar with the cute red nose.

Below them live, two more lunky boars.





The sows live in the middle:

On the top are Little Princess who is my younger son's guinea pig...not that you would know it now!


Princess must be one of the sweetest piggies I have ever known.  She was born in August 2006 so is the eldest (and wisest) of all my cavies)


Posy, is probably the fattest of all the cavies.  She was born 1st August 2008

Below Princess and Posey live three more sows.



Avalon, who is Alexander's sister (Sadly she was found dead on the morning of 25th Feb :-( )



Mabel who was a rescue


and Sindy a home bred Aby.

Well there you go, the last retired piggies from when I was able to breed and exhibit them.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! I love each and every single one of your piggies and think you are the luckiest person to have so many darling creatures! Such an amazing variety~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all lovely and each have their own individual little characters. They look a bit more scruffy now they are past their 'prime', but then don't we all?! I have to confess to having my particular favourites, but love them all. Of course they wondered what all the fuss was about today when I cleaned them out, cut their nails and took their photos...not necessarily all in that order! I said I had a friend who wanted to see them all ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oh Wow, you have Cavies - what a Beautiful group they are, they still look show style proud - I so miss mine, they make the most amazing sounds. Thank you so Much for the Beautiful pictures - TiGGy has a very tiny one I needle felted her in honor of the one we had, sometimes you can see it in the little carrier with the travel cabin, or playing in a basket or near Baby Pearlie - will post it again more featured so you can see it. Just adore your babies so Much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed them. I will have to have a look for TiGGy's little cavy.

      Delete
  3. they are very handsome looking piggies. Love all the varieties and coat types.
    I think Posy is my favourite. I can overlook the fat part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute little guineas! We only have 2 (belonging to my daughter) but they are loved to bits!

    ReplyDelete