Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Terrific Tuesday

Been busy, busy, busy as well as teaching the last couple of days so not a lot exciting has happened. I did pop over to the fabric shop after work today to get a 'ruler' for my patchwork/quilting, but to my horror it was almost £25 and I didn't have enough money, so will have to leave that to another day. I did get some backing though to do applique so hopefully that will make life easier if I make any more of these. My kiwi was rather fiddly.

Anyway it is such a lovely afternoon again today so I thought I'd take you on a little tour of my garden while I am inside, cooling down, before I head off out teaching again this evening.

One of my favourite spaces - underneath which sits my swing chair.

I love this plant, although it looks rather ragged for much of the year, once it flowers it is spectacular, especially with the bright yellow against the backdrop of a gorgeous blue sky.




A rose we had lost hope with has sprung into life and has this lovely rose bud about to blossom.


I think this is Elderflower... it sprouts from a tree trunk that was cut to about a foot from the ground before we moved in. Every year we trim it back after it has flowered as it looks so pretty.


Just look at the white of this flower against the blue!



Roses are red...

and pink....


Oh, I mustn't forget about the lovely honeysuckle which is starting to come out.


Nor the um... buttercups...

Isn't that just perfect for lifting one's spirit and making your heart sing?

No comments:

Post a Comment