Friday, 25 September 2009

Big Blue

Well I could hardly contain myself last night when I finished my BBCB 'Big Blue' Crochet Blanket.

I started on it sometime in April - around the 26th, had to have a break of many weeks when I ran out of wool, got frustrated so subsituted for a lighter blue, then finally the original arrived in and so I was able to then continue with that. This is the biggest thing I have ever made and I love it. I can't quite believe the excitement that I felt last night when I finished it. So much so that I couldn't wait until this morning to take photos so they are as representative of the colours as perhaps they could be.



It is lovely and soft and snugly and with the lovely blues will remind me of the summer skies during the grey winter months.


It is another glorious day here today - I just can't quite believe the absolutley lovely gorgeous weather we are having and I'm going to make the most of it while it lasts.
Hope you all have a good day today!



8 comments:

  1. How could I resist anything so blue? I am envious of your talents and your taste...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous blanket!!! It will not only keep you all snuggly and warm for years but it will become a family heirloom. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous and I love the blue tones you've used.

    Enjoy snuggling,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just gorgeous and conjures fond memories of the blankets my granny made for us as children. Beautiful and you get to enjoy its warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely, you sound really proud that you have finished it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blanket. You've done such a good job with it, especially with choosing the colours. All looks so great together :)

    Thanks for the recent comments on my blog btw, been a bit rubbish at catching up with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you, and an even bigger well done on your news in the previous post! Cath Kidston eat your heart out...have a great weekend, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I like the different blues! Well Done!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete