Wednesday, 23 September 2009

GOO - Gifts, Opportunities & Organizing!

A parcel arrived for me from the lovely Floss. It was her lovely giveaway which I won. The parcel was a bit damaged but fortunately my kind postie had popped it into an extra plastic bag so nothing was missing.

Wrapped in pretty tissue paper tied with lace.

Beautifully handwritten sewing instructions - not that I can understand a word! But beautiful to look at and will be treasured.



A lovely postcard, magnet, some stickers and a diary - just what I needed!


Aren't these lovely?

Now on to something else exciting that happened to me today. I went to my favourite Antique Shop and was delighted to see she had in some gorgeous 'new' vintage materials. As I was asking how much they were, the lady who owns the shop asked me if I sew and commented on my lovely bags I had made. Well after some lively talking and discussions she has asked if I will make some things for her to sell. I was absolutely delighted. She will provide the materials and I will make the items and we will split the proceeds. Sounds pretty fair to me and very exciting. So I ended up coming home with a nice lot of goodies to start crafting with.

A lovely tin full of...

Yes you guessed correctly - buttons!


A lovely basket for me to line and to display some of my 'goodies' in, which is currently full of gorgeous materials for me to start getting imaginative with.

Aren't these fabrics just the business? Gorgeous!




I just love all these and have such a lot of ideas bubbling round in my head that I now need to get into some semblance of order!
Some of the things she would like are bags, make up bags, purses, aprons, peg bags, lavender pillows and hearts and perhaps some cushions. That is just for starters!

Now if ever I need to become organized it is now!

Talking about getting organized how did I get on with my list yesterday?

1. Phone carpenter to see if he can do something about our wardrobes - Yes, done this

2. Phone the Crittal window company and see about a quote to have our windows replaced - Yes, done this and booked in

3. Oh and I also need to phone Bupa tomorrow - Oops, still need to do this - have to do tomorrow now.

So this week's list is:

Meal and shopping planner. - Still working on this

Sort Summer and Winter clothes - (which should result in a tidy bedroom) Sorted, but not quite finished

Finish kitchen - started today. Hmmm - not sure what happened here!

Lastly, while at the shop I saw this lovely quilt and fell in love with it so of course had to have it!


It is really pretty, and this isn't the best of pictures, so I will take another picture tomorrow of it on our bed. (that way I'll have to continue my efforts in tidying up!)

10 comments:

  1. I'm so happy it's come and that you like the bits and bobs. It's great to see that cahier in your home! I'll wrap the envelopes more thoroughly if I send something like that again - I'm glad eerything was OK.

    Now, what an opportunity for you! I am so impressed that this has come your way, and can't wait to see what you make and hear how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely things from Floss - I can't wait to get mine! And well done for your commission - the fabrics look lovely, and it sounds like a great outlet for your creativity.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the start of something big .... lovely fabrics and love your quilt .... they had some vintage quilts in the new antique shop in Barton Watermill this week they were gorgeous but priced at £125!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness £125?! Mine was £10 - so very happy with that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what alot you got!!! congrats on your commisions its brillint news good luck hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Fabrics are gorgeous, well done on getting the lovely parcel from Floss.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of nice things there. Fun fabric and buttons to play with - Yippee. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You got really great stuff! Glad you are getting organized! I try but it isn't working!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, lovely buttons, beautiful fabrics and a gorgeous quilt!
    Well done on your commision and a great giveaway parcel too.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great opportunity and I love all that fabric. Can't wait to see what you make!

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete