Thursday, 26 November 2009

Craft stall number two!

Today was the my second craft stall held at the St Albans Eclectic Flea Market in the Town Hall. It is a nice mix of handmade, vintage, bric a brac and brocante - something for everyone. I had a nice position this week just in front of the radiator, which made a huge difference to my back. Because I was warm, I was more relaxed which helped a lot. I really enjoyed chatting to the ladies on either side of me and look forward to the next one, although it was rather quiet today and I didn't sell a lot.


Vintage

Union Jacks


A nice mixture of handmade, vintage & bric a brac.

This lady makes gorgeous knitted items - I bought a lovely woollen hat from her last time and I wear it all the time when going for walks.


Poppyart is the name of this lady's stall.

I did treat myself to a copy of goodies - a gorgeous embroidered felt picture made in 1949, a necklace and I even found a pair of pinking shears for Sarah of Red Gingham. I will take photos of these to show tomorrow. I also managed to make rather a few crochet Christmas trees!

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a wonderful fair and I am always thankful for a warm radiator.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't realised you were at the St Albans Fleamarket ... I will have to pop over and take a look .. your stall looks great despite the poor turn out and the coat stand is just perfect for displaying your bags. Put the day down to experience and look forward to the next one and make sure you nab the radiator spot again next time! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just enlarged all those photos and had a good browse - your stall looks great and I would love to have been there! Well done on the pinking shears!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you sweet girl for thinking of me!! Thank you so much for buying me some pinking shears. Please don't send them as it would cost the earth. I'd love for you to bring them over in person. Gosh that was so kind of you! How exciting.

    How disappointing your sales weren't grand but good you had a lovely time anyway. Those crochet trees sound wonderful. Nice you found some presents for yourself as well.

    Thanks, Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got the radiator spot :) I'm sure things will get busier, people will get into the 'Christmas is nearly here' panic soon. Love the stockings in your last post.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Glad you had a great day!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete