Thursday, 5 November 2009

My first Craft Stall.

Meet Molly & Murphy Morepork - they are joining Morley in the Morepork clan!






Well until they find a new home that is.

A few of my brooches and pincushions and needle cases.

Today was the day of my first craft stall. I arrived nice and early and got set up calmly.





It was mighty cold so the first thing I did was to make myself a pair of wrist/hand warmers. They did the trick! I sold my pinwheel brooches, a felted corsage, some daisy brooches and a pin cushion and matching needle holder. I had lots of interest in the hotwater bottle covers and stockings. The other stall holders said it was a quiet day, but I'm happy as it was my first time, I covered my stall costs and made a little bit as well.
Roll on the next one! Although I need my back to get better first as I can't seem to sit for more than about 10 minutes anymore without horrendous pain. Which needless to say is a jolly nuisance!
Oh and just when I thought everything was settled with Master 18, the 'running away' business seems to have reared its ugly head again. I'm fed up with the playing on our emotions.

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good first day! I would be very excited to find a stall like yours at our Christmas Craft Market at the end of the month...

    I haven't followed your son's saga, I'm afraid, but it must be both annoying and terrible to face all this. Thinking of you all,

    Floss

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely lot of gorgeous things you have there! Wow well done honey.
    Mwah XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Hope your back eases soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your first Fair Lorraine ... try and relax a little now if you can to ease that back of yours and I hope number one son has come to his senses and is not giving you more grief. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinwheel brooches...I bet they all sold didn't they? They are gorgeous!!
    Lil ran away for a week last year, admittedly it was only up the road but it still felt horrid. She was back by day 6, apparently other peoples mothers' are sometimes worse than your own!!!
    My mother gave me a great piece of advice when my eldest turned into a teenager...never lose your sense of humour, even when it's painfully hard to hang on to it and always have the last word, just make sure it's in your head so no one else can hear it!
    Of course, I was a perfect teenager so I'm not sure why she would have needed a mantra ;) still it has come in very handy in the last few years.
    Chin up sweetie, apparently when they hit 40 it all settles down a bit! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh look at all your cuties!! They are great!!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic news from the craft fair. You must have had a lot of fun seeing all your lovelies go to nice new homes. Your hat rack seemed to do the trick well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of gorgeous goodies there, and well done on your sales. The stall does look inviting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on your craft fair, the stall looks lovely. Good luck with your son, teenagers are such hard work at times.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done with the stall though not good about your back.

    I hope things sort out with Master 18?

    take care,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The stall looks great and if you do more I can see you increasing your sales.

    Sorry I have been away and missed the story about your son. Hope everything settles down.

    ReplyDelete