The latest selection of books are:


I did a little bit of crocheting last night and made myself a pair of wrist warmers that match my scarf, and made an 'Irish Rose' brooch - but I'm not happy with it so am going to try to alter it or add to it this evening if I'm not feeling too bad - otherwise I'll heat up a wheaty bag and go and lie down and read! Something about reading snug in bed during these dark cold days.
I also have a selection of Christmas books from the library which I will share soon.
Peanut (DS2) shares my love of reading and has also got a selection from the library that will probably last him all of a day or two!
I resisted buying a lovely large jointed vintage teddy bear today. Not sure quite how I managed it, apart from perhaps wearing my sensible hat. Mind you I spent almost an hour in my friends shop debating with myself whether to leave him behind or not. Tough decision! Mind you if he is still there on Saturday, he may well come home with me!

Well at least you are able to have a bit of fun still. Don't you hate it when things in shops become magnetized to you?
ReplyDeleteI'll be interested to know what you think of the 'Esme' book? The 'Time Travelers Wife' is slowly making its way to the top of my bedside pile. I'm stockpiling ready for the holidays...bring on summer!
ReplyDeletehope you feel a bit better soon, x
Can I borrow your sensible hat? Or perhaps you could make some? I need one right up until the New Year, as we seem to have run out of money... Genteel poverty it is then - I shall imagine myself as a Jane Austin character.
ReplyDeleteLook after yourself - if I had a choice between low funds and pain... well, you make me realise that things are always harder for someone else.
Reading is equal to breathing for me but I am really tired of that "Twilight"...
ReplyDelete