Wednesday, 25 November 2009

Wednesday's doings.


Almost two years ago I gave my younger son's school a couple of guinea pigs. Each year I go in to give a talk to the new year six class about the care of them. Sadly last week I got a call to say that one of the guinea pigs had died suddenly. So not wanting to leave the remaining piggy alone I brought him home and paired him up with a new buddy. Today I took them back to school and had a quick chat to the children about the new piggy. I will be going in to do my usual talk in two weeks time. I was delighted to be given this lovely bunch of flowers and a box of maltesers! Aren't they pretty?


Tomorrow I have another craft stall at a fair, and have added various things to my stock, including these Christmas tree stockings and the large stocking below.



I must make sure I pack my lunch this time though!

6 comments:

  1. How good to have that link with the school - it is so hard for teachers to be experts on everything, and so much better if they can have experts on call!

    The stockings are really super. We are off to a French Craft Fair on Saturday, assuming everyone is healthy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those stockings - I am sure they will be snapped up very quickly!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment re digging - I operate a no-dig garden as like you I cannot dig. This is where the raised beds come in - if you have helpers you can get them to double-dig to start off, but if not you can just put big pieces of cardboard down, wet it, and then pile compost (eg mushroom compost) on top, and plant into that. The key is never ever to walk on the soil after any initial digging, and then top up each year with garden compost, muck, wood ash, screened topsoil - whatever you have. Mulching also keeps down the weeds - which tend not to be deep rooted in raised beds anyway. Hope this helps - do email me if you ever need to know more.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I notice we didn't get to see the Maltesers! How soon did they get snaffled up!!lol!
    Stockings look great, have a nice time at the fair - I love doing anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your buttons have arrived! I decided not to do a third re-stock of the shiop until the first sales had all arrived safely, just to check that everything was travelling properly and arrived in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you have been busy with all your 'makes' recently. The little tree stockings are beautiful.
    Thank you for your kind comments about the bunnies. It gave my heart a little squeeze to see them pictured in someone elses home.
    I'm loving the fairy lights around the dresser too! I have them all year round in the kitchen around a large wall mirror.

    ReplyDelete