Mr Robin paid us another visit this afternoon. He sure does enjoy having a romp around in the dried grass on top of this hutch.

I was sitting quite a distance away from him so was pleased with the way I was able to zoom in on him.
Master 19 took me to a car boot today! Goodness what a shock, mind you I was given a half hour limit...which I must have exceeded as a young man in a yellow jacket came up to me and told me the boys were waiting for me at the ice cream van - oops! He has friends everywhere!
We were quite late getting there, but there were still quite a few bargains to be had, better than the regular car boot I go to price wise. Although I think they were slightly embarrassed by what came home with me...
Introducing Archibald von Lines.

Okay so he is a bit of a sorry old fellow, having lost his eyes, nose and mouth, but boy the stories he can tell! He even has a little bell! My husband says they saw me coming as he cost me all of £3, but I was very excited to find him. Barmy? Yes of course!

He has a little label under his belly.
I walked around the rest of the car boot sale with Archibald under my arms...yes he does push well, but he was tired you see and insisted on being carried, as it was far too hot for him to have to follow me around the rest of the car boot.
I got all the way round when he whispered in my ear 'What about Little Donkey?' 'Little Donkey?', I replied. 'Yes you left my friend Little Donkey behind and he will get lonely all on his lonesome'.... so of I trotted back to the stall to see if Little Donkey was still waiting, looking very forlorn and worn out from many days and hours giving rides up and down the seaside.

He was, and quite relieved to see Archibald I can tell you. A smile came to his face and his little eyes gleamed with excitement... 'Are you going to take me home with you as well?' Now how could I refuse such a plea I ask you? So Little Donkey joined us as well. Hmmm, not sure 19 years old teenage boys were especially excited to see not only Archibald von Lines under my arm, but also Little Donkey.

Little Donkey must have been quite a 'Merry' fellow in his youth ;-)
Of course I managed to pick up a few other bits and pieces as well.

A pair of cotton embroidered pillow cases.


A pretty embroidery tray cloth.

Lastly a bunch of freebies! Yes you heard right, no cost at all! Of course how could I refuse, after all tins always come in handy...and they were blue.

Plus some books - he had a box of books that he was giving away and I picked six from the pile.


Of course I also had a Mr Special ice cream as we were leaving... So all in all a successful 30 + 10 minutes car boot and one I might go to again.
The afternoon was spent blobbing out in the garden, sitting relaxing and convincing hubby that I couldn't possibly have left Archibald von Lines and Little Donkey behind, and that he mustn't speak such blasphemy in their hearing... and no they wouldn't be living outside on the porch!

Yummy strawberry. Okay that was rather stating the obvious.

My Dwarf French runner beans are starting to grow.


Tomatoes are forming....
Every day we are eating produce from out garden. Lettuce leaves, salad leaves, Rocket, carrots, broccoli, raspberries and strawberries. It is very satisfying.
Lucky you to find them ... can't believe the dealers had missed Archie and donkey and they couldn't have found a better home x
ReplyDeleteHumph - everyone had a better day at the bootsales than I did :( Didn't even see a single ladybird book nor pretty vintage treat - humph!!
ReplyDeleteI can imagine how embarassed your son was - I'd do the same to my 2 boys!!
We were given pillowcases just like that for our wedding from in laws old family friend.
ReplyDeleteHaven't been to a boot fayre for years - must go.
I hope you've given Archibold the Frontline treatment!!!! xx
ReplyDeleteoh wow the strawberry looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a very successful 40 minutes to me! Archie is quite a handsome fellow, I am so glad you have given him a home.
ReplyDeleteYou veg looks wonderful. As for Archie, well what can I say!!
ReplyDeleteThat is a haul and a half especially the freebie tins and the lovely Archibald.
ReplyDeleteHehe, little donkey looks like he's done 5 rounds with Mike Tyson!! Loving the tray cover x
ReplyDeleteSure is a boot full of loot there. Glad the boys waited even if you did stay over-time. Always good when the boots on the other foot.
ReplyDeleteI love Archibald and the Merry Donkey - No way you could leave such treasures behind.
Enjoy your week.