Friday, 2 July 2010

Today is the day before Tomorrow

Therefore a day of quiet contemplation and reflection and playing around with my husband's camera. I've never used an EOS Digital camera before, so taking it slowly.


The discovery of nature in a way that I don't think I really noticed years ago...I've always been a nature lover, but did I drink in the beauty, take time to really look?

This plant was one of the first I planted when I came to England. It is a New Zealand Hebe and when we moved, the plant came with us. It always flowers beautifully.



Even the smallest things can bring joy and amazement.

Just look at the different shades in this rose...simply divine.

Today is the day before tomorrow...when DS1 turns 19...how is it possible that I have a 19 year old? I would never have imagined where I'd be, and what he would be doing now 19 years ago...

6 comments:

  1. Great photo's - they're so clear. Happy Birthday to DS1 for tomorrow!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are beautiful. Wait until he turns 30 as our eldest will do in November. I can't believe that I'm old enough to have a daughter that old!( I was a young mum ). Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'd say you got the hang of that camera rather quickly indeed! Those photos are beautiful.
    And as to children going from 9 to 19 in the space of ten minutes, lol, tell me about it, I have three sons in their twenties, and I have no idea how THAT happened, lol, I am only 25 myself ( in my mind )!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Lululiz says you certainly got the hang of that pretty darn quickly those photos are stunning. My baby will be 29 on Monday and I wasn't a young mother by any means but still I find it hard to believe! To us they will always be babies in our hearts!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness- those are great ! So clear & defined ! Well done you.

    I really don't know - I was talking teens with a couple of mums today... one just starting out with pre-teens ...seems only a while ago we were talking toddlers !

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours in that rose are just so gorgeous.
    Your photos are always so beautiful.
    Kids grow up so quickly, wish they were frozen at 4 when they were still so naive and cute. When everything you told them was wonderful instead of something to be questioned.
    Enjoy your son's birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete