Monday, 19 July 2010

A Change?

Hmm...something has clearly caught Sparrow's attention.
After not seeing many sparrows in the garden in previous years, there seems to be an abundance of them now. I often see them outside my window on the mock orange tree.

A change is a good as a rest? Well maybe not, but there is still something slightly refreshing about it. Must be that time of year when I fancy a change, albeit a small one - not a lot you can do in our narrow living room.


Remember my £5 table? Well I saw one in an antique shop last week, not in as nice condition as mine ...£145.00!!! So I am very pleased with mine and decided it was time to bring it in from languishing in the shed. It has had a polish up, an embroidered cloth and a lamp put on it for beside where I sit and knit, crochet, read or contemplate. It has a handy little draw for my 'A Simple Abundance' day book.

I moved an armchair from one side to the other, and now this frees up space in front of this little dresser...and hopefully will stop me from bashing my legs on our swamp kauri coffee table monstrosity.

The dining table has been pulled away from the radiator, cleared and is now usable once again, and my little trolley nestles in nicely beside it.

Ah yes, this is the picture that shows the arm chair the opposite side to what it was...and the dogs basket fits in just nicely.


Yes a change is good...even if a small one.

My little corner again...

Very hot today...hence working inside where it has been cooler.

6 comments:

  1. I do agree, I often wnat to change things around, but I am restraining myself for fear of the dust behind them, plus I couldnt move them on my own. The table looks splendid, you obviously have an eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed .... well done and you only have one little corner? My OH complains about my corners or bogey holes as he calls them ... I do tend to spread myself out a bit! That little sparrow looked busy gathering to make a nest ... we have a sparrow family in the eaves on the front of the house and she chirps frantically when the cats are sitting on the gate ... she is quite safe though they will never reach up that high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you say, a change is as good as a rest. The room looks good but should you have been moving things round with your sore arm?
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. No of course not Sue...but it was the vacuuming that hurt it most - still I went to the osteopath last night so have rested up today

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh how lovely! It looks fabulous my lovely....be careful not to do too much.
    Speak soon.....
    ((Hugs))
    Karen x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a find that table has turned out to be! It's great to see it find a home. I've done some change too today - finally cool enough! With me it's enarly always colour. The blue has come down and I've gone for bright pink - it was fun to find accessories in bright pink, as I don't have many!

    Poor Mr Carrot. I pulled up two similar ones, cut their tops off and put them, scrubbed, on the boys' plates at lunch time yesterday. Son 1 hastily turned his round, and pointed out to me that it was clearly a hand, either doing a Churchill 'V for Victory' or something else...

    ReplyDelete