
All is quiet in the house, the bread is on and should be ready by mid-morning so will be just right for cutting by lunchtime. The school bag is packed for DS2 and my cup of tea has been drunk.

This loaf was demolished yesterday, always a sign of success.
Why is it though that you always run out of wool (or material) just before the end?


Only six stitches to go! How frustrating. Off to get another ball of wool this morning so I can finish this scarf.
An early night was had yesterday - in bed by 8.30 pm. My back ribs and shoulder are really giving me grief and I could stand no more. Still sore this morning, oh how I wish I could be rid of this bothersome pain.
Hubby announced to me yesterday that someone is coming to interview him on Wednesday. Eeeek! Major house tidying up will have to be undertaken the next couple of days. I have let things slip as I just haven't felt up to it. Still nothing like a deadline to set one into a mad panic.
DS1 has written his CV for a job application. Still doesn't really know what he wants to do, but worth going for the interview at least if he gets one.
Well the birds are out and it is now light enough for me to do a bit of reading and contemplating so off I go.
Have a lovely week all, a happy Monday to you, and a very big thank you to all the lovely comments you have been making.
If you only have 6 stitches left to do try unrunning a bit and redoing it a little tighter I have sometimes saved enough that way to do the last few stitches. Sorry you are still suffering - it must be very debilitating and so frustrating for you. Good luck to all the interviewees!
ReplyDeleteJane
Your bread looks delicious - a couple of slices would be perfect with tea.
ReplyDeleteI had a similar problem with one of those scarves, I think I uncrocheted it more than I crocheted to get it out of what I had.
Now why did you have to put a photograph of that delicious looking bread up! Now I'm thinking of food :-((
ReplyDeleteI've run out of wool too at a crucial point!
What a sweet blog you have!
ReplyDeleteYour home-made bread looks delicious...
I hope that your hubby will get the job!
GOOD LUCK! WITH THE INTERVIEW!
DEBBIE MOSS
Oh that bread looks so delicious! My darling husband has recently started making bread again, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. YUM!
ReplyDeleteHello and happy Monday! I hope it is still going well for you, and is pain-free. I loved reading about your early morning doings. My advice for panic tidying, at which I am an expert, is to sit where you expect your guest to sit and only tidy the things that are in their line of sight!
ReplyDeleteTried to post a comment earlier today but no luck ... so after receiving your lovely comments on my blog I've come back to say Hi!
ReplyDeleteI had wanted to say how inspired I felt by the photos of your delicious-looking bread. I must put my breadmaker into more frequent use.
Hope all goes well with the interview.
Mmmm, that bread looks scrummie, I love fresh white bread.
ReplyDeleteOh isn't it annoying when you run out of yarn right at the end. I did that with my granddaughters dress I am knitting, I ordered the wool but I'm pretty sure (after 8 weeks) that they can't get anymore, so as it was too big for her anyway I pulled it all undone and started again, I am going along quicker as I know what I am doing now and it is a smaller size too which helps.
Hope that rotton pain goes away and gives you some relief soon.
Take care xx Sandi