I went to bed last night with the realization that I actually feel happy. I don't know how to describe it, but it is a true happiness, one that I have been searching for a very long time. This happiness seems to have crept up on me unaware, well not completely unaware, I have been feeling reasonably content for a while now, but not exactly happy either, and now I think I can truly say, Yes I am Happy! When I think back to how I felt some 20 months back or so I can't believe how far I have come and for those out there that really feel things are hopeless, take heart, life can and does get better. Perspectives change, you just need that little bit of faith and support. I really felt I had hit rock bottom, had been feeling that way for a number of years if I am really honest with myself and just felt like giving up and running away from it all. How glad am I that I stuck it out. Yes things can and are though at times, but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel/rainbow :-)

Now I wasn't idle last night, hexagons were traced and cut out...


and I even managed to sew some up!
As promised to myself yesterday I have had a lovely day sewing today...
Sewing machine, cutting board, material were out early this morning and sat there for a some time I might add, while I thought and procrastinated about just what I wanted to do. Books came out of the bookshelf, and then got shelved back again until finally I came across something that took my fancy.



Now the question is do I turn this into a mini-quilt or a large cushion?
A little bit more sewing went on...


Some crocheting...

Some more Flowers for Friday.
I've even been for a walk down the road to do the banking for DH.
Have a lovely weekend everyone.
When I told my lovely husband last night that I was happy, he said 'What even with a sore arm?' and I said yes, and gave him a big smile. I know it sounds strange, but yes that is how I feel.
I am so glad for you. Life can be like that sometimes and happiness can arrive for no apparent reason. The thing now is not to try to hold on to it but when it goes to know it will come back rather like a butterfly settling and then flitting off. Enjoy your weekend too.
ReplyDeleteJane
Oh, that is a good thing! Funny how happiness can sneak up on you like that.
ReplyDeleteYour patchwork piece is lovely!
I am so happy to read this!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend (and don't worry when the happy feeling goes, because it will come back again now!).
Lovely post...gorgeous sewing. Have a wonderful weekend x
ReplyDeleteGosh that almost makes me cry. I'm so glad you are happy. Maybe you should craft more often if that helps. I find it more exciting when I sew and are busy. Now a quilt or a cushion? What do you need? Did you love making this? It looks like great fun just popping in pieces.
ReplyDeleteI am so, so pleased to read this post. You have made me smile too. After all that you have been through this happiness is very much deserved, and long may it continue.xxx
ReplyDeleteHappiness is a wonderful thing! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteSo happy to read your post! I wish you lots more happiness and hope that the fog doesn't come down on you again.
ReplyDelete(I am loving your hexies! I have some lovely purple scraps that would match well if you would like?)
That's so lovely, I'm really pleased you feel so happy and content. I've no doubt then that you'll be having a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeletex
What wonderful news, I am so happy for you. Yes life can get quite tough, one step at a time and we get through onto the other side. I have a lovely quote:
ReplyDelete"Fear and Faith cannot exist in the same place at the same time. Choose one"
It has had a huge impact on me as it is so true.
You have been a busy girl, am loving all your goodies.
Hugs Sandi xx
Happy is a good place to be - it make the difficult times most worthwhile. I agree happy does have a habit of creeping up on us - enjoy.
ReplyDeleteLove your sewing - gorgeous piece - I'd go for a large cushion.
I really like your blue scrappiness. Small play is fun and rewarding. It'll make a pretty cushion.
ReplyDeleteHi Lorraine
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you're happy !!! :-)
And it's great to see you have the patchwork obsession too - by coincidence I've been thinking of doing a crazy 9 patch too !!
Thank you for your comment. I got excited when you mentioned Duloe - do you mean Duloe near Looe in Cornwall ? If so, we know it very well - Mr Bun has an Aunt who lives there - such a lovely place.
Have a good weekend - stay happy :-)
Denise x
I'm so pleased you are happy. I thought of you yesterday I bought another Pyrex bowl, that made me happy and thinking of you and your love of pyrex made me smile, I'm afraid no-one I know other than you shares my love of bowls Pyrex.
ReplyDeleteReading your post made me smile. I'm glad that you are happy. Some days it is really hard to find the "good" in life that can make you feel happy, and I'm glad you found it. You have also been very busy sewing. Great quilts and love the crochet.
ReplyDeleteHurrah, Hurrah, Hurrah!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThree cheers for you xxx
Glad you are feeling so good, long may it continue. Love the colours of the hexagons, what are you going to do with them?
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to read this ! Well done you. It's like a cloud lifting isn't it ?
ReplyDeleteYou've been so busy ! I think a cushion cover would be great.
This post filled me with a warm joy. I am oh so pleased that you are happy, I know that it is out there, it is clinging to the knowledge that it isn't all that elusive!
ReplyDeleteLovely post to read..... as we have just met of course I am not aware of the '20 months ago' you refer to.... sounds like you are in a great place in your life........ and best wishes from downunder...
ReplyDeleteHugz