Now how many plastic bobbins of embroidery thread do you think I sorted through and counted last night?
Well the first bag came to just over 100!! I haven't even started on the second bag yet. I should have plenty of embroidery thread to keep me going for a very long time.
Now over at Contented Rachel has posted a tutorial on how to make a mug rug. I'd never heard of one of these before until I started reading about them on her blog. The idea is that you have space for your mug and a biscuit (or 2). Now having just made my mug bag, I thought this would be a perfect companion to make as we always have a cuppa and a biscuit at the stitching groups I go to. Now Rachel only posted the first stage of the tutorial...I was too impatient to wait for stage two so cheated with some wide gingham bias binding and just machine sewed it on.


All set for Thursday evening now.

Who's this sneaky boy on the settee? Enjoying a snooze, he is feeling so much better.
Now I have yet another project to undertake at some stage...

A tatty sewing box...

Well it just HAD to have a blue lining didn't it?!

Lining in the drawers as well.

Very cute, just calling out for some TLC.
Now my 14 year old son has ventured into London this afternoon to meet up with a couple of girls from school to go to the pictures. I'm hoping he doesn't get on the wrong train coming home. He has got instructions...but it doesn't stop me worrying though does it. Having an ASD makes him that much more vulnerable, however we need to give him a bit of freedom and trust.
The intrepid explorer has arrived safely home having enjoyed the cinema. :-)
Well bless my barnacles!
ReplyDeleteI've never seen a mug bag before....fantastic... I love that idea!x
Thank you for your kindness..xx
ReplyDeleteWhat pretty, pretty materials you have used. And what a pretty blog you have too. x
ReplyDeleteYou know, that mug of yours is being spoilt rotten! What a life, sigh.
ReplyDeleteYou always amaze me with how much good stuff you pack into your posts! I absolutely love you mug bag and rug, how wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThat sewing box is fab, nice find!
A Mug RuG!!! I love it, and of course you have to have one with your Mug Bag. I can see a whole new Mug World developing!!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing how you get on with the sewing box - what a beauty that could be.
Keeping my fingers crossed for the safe return of your boy - I'd be nervous about my 16 year old (who totally lacks any common sense) going up to London.
x
Hey, my 18 year old has been in London today. Does his age stop me worrying? Absolutley not.
ReplyDeleteI love the sewing box. I want one now. Can't wait to see what you're going to do with it.
Am off to investigate the Dublin charity shops this weekend. Very excited. Hope to do a post about it next week. (Oh, I'm also going to Dublin to see Alan Rickman on stage. I'll certainly be posting about that!) xx
Gosh, I can imagine you are rather anxious about the journey home from London. Of course we have all this to come but not for some years I hope! There's a quote isn't there, about being a parent is having your heart always go walking in the world independent of you.... or words to that effect!
ReplyDeleteLove the idea of the mug mat !!! You are such a prolific creator lately :-)
Denise x
Glad your son had a successful outing, there now, what were you worried about? lol
ReplyDeleteYour mug rug is really lovely, and that sewing box wonderful! The blue lining would have been a selling point for me too.
What a great idea, never would have thought of that myself, always amazed at peoples imaginations. Love the materials you used. AND I love your sewing box, what a lovely piece.
ReplyDeleteWe do tend to worry don't we, I don't think it ever stops either.
Hugs Sandi x
Your mug rug is so pretty Lorraine! And the gingham binding is perfect, I don't think you need my binding tute! Goodness, I can't imagine letting W go to London in a year (when he will be 14) let alone J! Glad he made it home safely
ReplyDeleteR x
Love that little mat. Glad your son got back safely from the metropolis - I was in London yesterday too!
ReplyDeleteJane
Love your little rug and your very comfy dog too !
ReplyDeleteGlad your son enjoyed going to the cinema! Love your sewing box! x
ReplyDeleteLove the mug rug. Glad your dog is feeling better and that your son got back safely. I really like the sewing box, look forward to seeing what you do with it.
ReplyDeleteYou guessed it sweetie... it is slowly getting better, small steps but so very, very worth it!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your support I really do appreciate it even if I don't comment as much as I'd like.
Take care, x
Gorgeous mug bag and matching rug.
ReplyDeleteLovely cabinet - will look beautiful with a little TLC.
Enjoy the weekend.