Monday, 11 April 2011

More dressmaking.

Another lovely day today until late afternoon. One in which five loads of washing have been on the line and dry - why five loads? Teenage boys, that's why! ;-) They certainly know how to get through clothes...although I'm sure some must have come out of the depths of darkness...hidden deep in their rooms.



Don't these look sweet? When I saw these pretty flowery clogs in the CS, I just looked out of curiosity, not expecting them to be my size. They don't look like they have ever been worn and so for a couple of pounds they came home with me.

I've done a little bit more sewing today. I should be making clothes for myself, but until I have lost nearly a stone in weight and slimmed down a bit, it is not worth making anything yet. So Molly was the lucky recipient today.

Liberty skirt and jacket.


All she needs now is a pair of shoes!

I still have some more New Zealand photos to edit so will hopefully have those ready later this week. I just need to work out how to put a video clip on here.

15 comments:

  1. The problem with teenage boys clothes is they are so huge and of course you can't fit many in the washing machine (clothes not boys - though that might be an idea).

    Love the shoes - what a bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic clogs! I turn over on mine and put my ankle at risk sometimes (they're for the garden and it's a bit bumpy at times). So, am I on my own, or do you find yours a bit weird to walk in too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shoes. Very lucky they are in your size. I often find the things I like are either way too big or way too small.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabric!

    I think the mountains of washing applies to boys of all ages - the basket is always full up with Baby and Mr R&B's clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to add that I love the shoes x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky Molly, such a fantastic outfit. Fab clogs, how lucky to be just the right shoes, they were clearly meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those shoes are completely and utterly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute shoes. Love Molly's new outfit, you really are clever with those little designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous clogs. I wear those in brown all the time !
    The washing pile is endless but at the moment it can all hang out on the line in the sunshine - lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Great find in those clogs. Lovely dress for Molly too-a great look for Spring! Yes it is lovely here so far, though showers are predicted!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molly looks a bit of a sassy babe in that second pic!

    Great find with the clogs. Not CShopping much at the moment because of the pup, but can't wait for our local car boots to start up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet and the clogs are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  13. Believe me , teenage girls creat plenty of washing too! My daughter seems to keep all her clothes on the floor until I insist on a clear up then it all appears in the laundry basket.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those little dolls outfits are so cute. I love the clogs you found I could never walk in them though lol x

    ReplyDelete