
The sun is shining today, although the clouds do keep trying to take over and we've had the odd patch of drizzle.
Now although I'm going through a 'declutter' process, I've added another appliance to my work surface.

That's right a juicer - wow, I can certainly make some amazing concoctions with it.
While in NZ I read an article in a health magazine about a lady who suffered chronic pain and no manner of specialists had been able to help her. Sound familiar? In the end, running out of options, she tried a total raw food diet, and it helped! Well I kept what I read in the back of my mind but didn't do anything about it until last weekend when desperate measures were called for. This Raw Food/Juice diet is certainly worth a try I thought. Hence the juicer.

I started last Monday and this was my evening meal, plus enough for lunch the next day.
For breakfast I pop into the juicer, an apple, broccoli stalks (from our garden), some greens (again from our garden), a thick slice of cucumber, a similar size slice of courgette, a chunk of raw beetroot, some carrots, a slice of lemon and another apple. Delicious! Who would have thought?
How do I feel so far? Well no difference has been noticed so far...but I guess it is still early days yet. I've tried giving the pulp that comes out of the juicer to the guinea pigs to see if they will eat it, as I hate waste! Not sure they were especially impressed.
Thursday was an especially bad day for me, pain wise and back to the doctor I went. I told him that the hospital wouldn't even put me on a waiting list yet and I needed to do something. We are therefore trying a complete change of medication, which means I have to come off the current two medications I am on, one of which I've been on for two years and the other which was only started a month ago. I've had to wean myself off the tablets over a period of three days, then go 'cold turkey' for three days, and then start the new medication. Here's hoping. I've also been trying Bowen Therapy and will be having my fourth treatment on Monday. Surely something has got to start helping?
Off to get another load of fruit and vegetables soon, for both me and the guinea pigs...I think the family think I've turned into one. ;-)
Have a lovely weekend everyone!
I do hope this helps! I don't think I could survive a diet that had no meat - I'm very definitely a carnivore!
ReplyDeleteI really hope this works for you. Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteOh my! I hope it does taste nice when the rest of the family are eating a cooked meal. Anything for pain free would be worth a try. Lots of luck to you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a good idea ... do hope it works for you xx
ReplyDeleteGood luck with this.... sounds yummy..
ReplyDeleteHugz
What a great juicer - we had one years ago and I gave it away - darn!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure raw food and gluten free is much healthier for our complex bodies.
So sorry you are in pain - my husband had a huge back operation 4 years ago - he has a titanium plate in his lower spine & 6 huge titanium nails.
It has made a huge difference to his life.
anything is worth a try. If your nose starts twitching I think I would back off a little (Lol)
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed that with new meds that it will give some relief.
Enjoy the fresh juices they sure do sound yummy.
ReplyDeleteHope the new meds help control the pain - there really is nothing worse than constant pain.
Have a lovely Sunday.
Love the rose at the top of your post. Lets hope this helps, it will certainly make your body feel healthier. My son and wife went on a juice only for a couple of weeks and they felt fabulous. The benefits are endless. I bought a juicer a little while ago but haven't used it yet, it's too cold for juices. Perhaps you could put the 'waste' in the compost?
ReplyDeletex Sandi
I really hope it helps. You'll feel a lot healthier for certain. Leslie Kenton writes books on raw food energy. I bought one way back in the 80's but she has some up to date ones.
ReplyDeleteI put my pulp on the compost heap. xx
Hi...so sorry I have not been in touch...thank you for your comment. I stopped blogging when things got a bit difficult with my eldest...didn't really mean to stop, but real life took over.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about the pain you are in...my mum is in constant pain, and has been through every pain killer!
Would love to get back in contact...I'm working on a new blog...it's mainly photos, but hopefully it will be something I find easier to fit in.
I love the dolls! Lets have a meet up sometime...Fiona xxx