Friday, 26 August 2011

An outlet for self expression

That is what I can see this embellisher being...I would love to be able to draw and paint and have tried several times, but get frustrated at my attempts, however perhaps this can be another possibility. I loved the freehand style of using the embellisher yesterday evening when I put it through its paces for the first time. Having no idea what I was going to do, I grabbed a piece of denim, cut from DS2's ripped jeans, some wool and set to.


With its six (or is it five?) needles I wasn't sure how this was going to work, but liked the idea of just seeing what would happen.

Inspired by on of the roses in my garden I chose reds, oranges and yellows.

The stem is of course far too thick, but for a very first attempt I am pleased with this.

So for a machine that usually costs around the £299.00 mark, the £50 I spent on it (saved from boarding monies received) I think this is going to be a good investment that I was very lucky to get. It is in pristine as new condition and works like a dream. I was also given loads of books, a bag of wool and other materials to use for embellishing, spare needles and accessories.

I am now official on a no-spend diet ;) no more visiting CS, Evilbay, etc until my credit card (which is normally only ever used for groceries, and then paid off in full each month) is no longer in the red.

I've also received my swap partner for the 2011 Friends Swap (picture on left side bar). She is Ngaire from Victoria in Australia. You can find her here. Should be good fun! I've already got the first gift ready...started thinking early this time!


5 comments:

  1. A brilliant start with the embellisher! A real bargain - especially with all the extras. Have a good weekend, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks such fun and that was an amazing price to pay for the machine - if you ever see another do let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful ! I actually like the thick stem. Can't wait to see what else you make !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty! It is like painting with wool. I didn't realize you could add wool to other fabrics like that. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOH Electric needle felting! I would love one of these but have always baulked at the price. Have fun, the rose is beautiful, painting in wool is very satisfying.

    ReplyDelete