I saw this on Floss's blog, and as decluttering is at the forefront of my thoughts at the moment and I'm attempting to do such a thing I thought it was well worth a look...So off I trotted, well okay clicked on the button to A Thrifty Mrs to have a look. Yes this looks just the ticket. So to add to the pressure I have decided to join in, starting from today 14th November 2011 and ending 30 days later I will rid myself of 90 items in 30 days. These items will be sold, donated, give to friends or recycled. Whatever, they must go! More details can be found on A Thrifty Mrs blog.
I have added an extra proviso though, not only do I have to get rid of 90 items, but if I bring anything into the house I have to get rid of twice the amount...i.e. one item in, two out...two items in, four out...you get the idea.
So to give you an idea of how I am going so far. I took eight books (actually I think it might have been nine) to the charity shop...oops I bought 4 books though. That is of course the problem with going into Charity Shops...not coming out with anything!
So only at count 1 so far.
I took two items of clothing... but bought one so the count is still at 1.
Rather fun though don't you think?!
I took one pair of shoes to the CS, but can home with a pair of shoes...Oh Dear, not doing too well am I? Will have to add two pairs of shoes to get rid of to my list...
However, I'm sure you will agree though that these were just begging to come home with me.
Brand spanking new and my size, I've never had a pair of Converse before. These were in the men's section in the CS, but fit perfectly.
With my hand knitted socks, they are fun
Mark did say to me at lunch though...
'You are not wearing those up to London are you?'
Of course I am I replied!
So I need to find two pairs of shoes to go...
As well as some other 'clutter' so off I go!







Ha Lolly .... I haven't managed that in 30 years let alone 30 days .... love the Converse they are very comfy to wear so ignore DH! Is that crochet coat handmade .... it's very 70s and looks like a Golden Hands pattern x
ReplyDeleteYou're being pretty tough with yourself! I'm doing it in a relaxed-ish way, and I just can't give away/recycle some of the yuck I've got rid of it - some of it just has to go in the bin! Others are in the charity shop bag (yes I will take it to them before the end of Nov) and some have been burned or just refashioned into something new - a skirt into dusters for example. And boy, I love your finds! That's one reason why I haven't already done the CS drop-off! Who can resist?
ReplyDeletethis is just the inspiration i need today! but first i think i will catch up on a few more of your lovely posts :)
ReplyDeletewarmest hugs xxx
sumea (slowly returning to blogland)
Am loving those Converse boots - what a find :)
ReplyDeleteI think I'll have to try this declutter when I'm properly sorted :)
Oh I love the long cardi!
ReplyDeleteAs you know I'm a fellow declutterer so I'll pop over to A Thrifty Mrs to see if it's achievable for me. 90 items in 3 days sounds a lot (I wonder if could count the 8 things that were collected by the charity van this morning? Or would that be cheating?!).
xx
I don't think you've quite got the hang of this!! You must be strong when you go to the charity shops - just keep thinking how good you will feel when you go home without buying anything, and have taken a further step down the road to a clutter-free life!!
ReplyDeleteyou always find the most amazing things!
ReplyDeleteLove the converse runners.
Best of luck with your decluttering.
Good idea. I've gone through wardrobes & clothes drawers & books recently. I have a lot of clutter. I like clutter !
ReplyDeleteThat long cardi is fab & I can just see you wearing it. Can't think why the converse were in the mens' dept. I had a red pair many years ago.
When customers are deliberating buying something that catches their eye at the C shop we say, " why don't you buy it then bring one item in ? "
I love your converse boots! they look wonderful with your socks xx
ReplyDeleteGood luck. The 'one in, two out' stystem would sure make me think just how much I wanted that new item. xx
ReplyDelete