The first Sunday in Advent has arrived already,
so soon it seems to me,
should we hurry and stress?
Or take time to reflect on what this means
Let’s take time to pause,
Time to think
Reflecting on the year
And the season we are in
Whether religious or not,
Whatever our beliefs and customs
This period shouldn’t be full of rush and stress
But instead we should be thankful, honest and good
To our family and friends, all we hold dear,
But spare a smile or too for others as well
You will see what that smile will do
It will ease a frown or a troubled mind
Even if just for a moment or two.
Relax, be calm, take a step back from the madness
Focus on those little things that make it all special,
Homebaking, a cuddle, a family film, snuggling under a warm blanket
Cherish these times and don't get caught up in the chaos of the commercial machine.
Pause for Advent...

Hear, hear! Very well said!
ReplyDeletePomona x
In the words of Facebook *like* :)
ReplyDeleteTime to take a step back. Cherish the little things.
ReplyDeletePause for thought there. Thank you.
Hi Serenata! Just delving through the Pause thoughts here in Strawberry Land! What you say is just what I have been trying to put into words in a comment on Pom's Pause! When Ang was here two weeks ago she really got me thinking about how this economically disastrous Christmas is an opportunity for us to show that a good Christmas can be had without the materialism, because of the rich, deep Truth of it all.
ReplyDeleteLovely post!
ReplyDeleteI did not know about Sasha dolls and now I do, thanks to you! They are so beautiful!
Your dog is adorable! I love that face!
Lovely. Yes, pausing for Advent requires intention, and being attuned to what's really important in life.
ReplyDeleteLove your poetry for this pause in Advent. I especially loved the idea of the snuggle times together - something my grandkids and I also enjoy. Have a lovely week.
ReplyDeleteLove your Advent wreath. x
ReplyDeleteLovely! I think that smiles are a theme this week. How positive such a small thing can be. Because the French kiss when they meet, they don't smile so much. They're not antisocial, they just greet differently. But I do like a smile, myself. Thanks so much for your poem and your thoughts - have a great Advent.
ReplyDeleteMy "word of the week" is joy - it's a word for me to think about and ponder on. It links with your thoughts about smiling...I think I should smile more!!!
ReplyDelete