Thursday, 28 March 2013

Inspiring thoughts and Daily Doodles

I have had quite a harrowing few days, with yet more withdrawal side effects bombarding me both physically and emotionally.  I am really hoping these will end soon as they are HARD work!  Haven't felt quite so bad today...that is if you ignore the migraine I woke up this morning with.  Due to the way I've been feeling I thought I could do with some inspiration - I discovered these on Amazon and thought I would have a bit of fun with the.



I opened them up, shuffled them and then cut the pack...


This is the card that came up...Nope not ready for that yesterday, sounds too difficult, so I put it back in the pack and drew it again.


Now this is more like it...until I turned it over!


Well maybe not...but at least it is something that I can aim towards - being mentally and emotionally equipped.

Today I shuffled the cards again and cut the pack without looking.  You can imagine my surprise when I came up with this:


Perhaps these cards were trying to tell me something after all!

This time I turned it over and read the back.


Perhaps I should have read it yesterday.  I am willing, but am I able...time will tell...although despite the migraine today, I have felt more positive.

My Daily Doodle Catch Up...I really need to photograph these each day.




Yesterday I had an amazing surprise...you can read all about it here.


Now I think I am ready to succumb to the migraine and go to bed!


Have a great weekend and Happy Easter.

Edited to say I forgot to say I even put out some Easter decorations!





7 comments:

  1. Hey Missus, you bought a card deck! It's a slippery slope. If you thought dolls were enticing wait until you discover you can get 50 or more pieces of art on cards, with lovely words.

    I have Louise Hay's book You Can Heal Your Life and find it very inspiring. ISBN: 1561706280. My edition seems to be out of print but if you're interested, get one with the A to Z list of ailments and affirmations.

    Carolyn Myss has several psychology books on healing but I like her card deck Healing Cards ISBN: 1401900232.

    It's very hard, and you have had a really difficult time of it lately, to think good thoughts amid the despair and hopelessness of ill health, but a cheery card and some words is a pick-me-up, a way to get your mind under control.

    It's these small things that help us, and bright colours are good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thanks to you, these intrigued me. Some I feel wary of...but others really interest me.

      Thank you for these links, I will definitely look them all up.

      Delete
    2. Look what you started, Judy!

      Delete
  2. I went through my database and found a few more.

    The Healing Deck ISBN 9780811835954 (Nice fabric and quilt-y collages for we quilters)

    Health and the Law of Attraction Cards ISBN 9781401924201

    The Secret Language of Color Cards ISBN 9781582703268

    Wisdom for Healing Cards (Carolyn Myss) ISBN 1401903673 – These are the ones I have and they are out of print so I think the Healing Cards I cited above are an updated version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lorraine...I am glad you are having some up times and continuing to fight the good fight. I so admire your positive attitude in combating these tough times!
    Love your Easter touches...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki... I don't think I would have been able to do so without the encouragement of friends such as you and Judy.

      Delete
  4. I think you were meant to have read that card.
    your easter decorating is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete