Here I was thinking nobody had commented on my blog today and feeling a bit sad about that as well as worried that I might be boring people, only to find that when I went to create this post this evening that I had 5 comments waiting for me to moderate! LOL, I'd forgotten I'd changed the settings! I must work out how to get blogger to send me email notification of comments.Anyway back to business on hand. As the weather was shoddy today ee decided to go out today for lunch as teenage boy wanted to do some '18th birthday' browsing. I think he has ideas above his station personally, looking at the cost of some of the things he was looking at, or should I say heavily hinting at! Certainly he is going to be disappointed.
I of course hitted the charity shops while they did the 'computer' looking. Oh and I also managed to squeeze some time in the sewing/craft section of John Lewis and with a bit of twisting of hubby's arm managed to convince him of the need for several items for my craft kit, one of which was absolutely necessary - some bonding web to repair my beloved, worn every summer, most favourite trousers.... well you get the idea.

Look at that - disaster! Not sure what sort of patch to put on the outside - perhaps a butterfly or a kiwi?

A couple of crochet hooks I was missing, some no-sew adhesive for applique, the iron on mender for my trousers, a ruler for my patchwork at the tool for eyelets etc...
And from the charity shop...
A cornishware pot
Another roses picture for my bathroom.As if that wasn't enough for today anyone who has read this blog long enough, will know that I never do things by halves.... so I have just a few photos today for you, that I took this afternoon once the rain stopped.










Thanks for stopping by and now here I am checking you out. Love your finds and a long haired G.Pig too - wonderful.
ReplyDeleteKnow what you mean when you think there are no comments you feel you might be talking too quietly to yourself.
Lisa
Beautiful!! Like your new treasures!! You should be able to get the emails sent in the comments section, Mine do so I'm sure it's easy to set up!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck!
Hugs,Lisa
Gorgeous flowers! Love your beautiful pics!
ReplyDeleteSusan
Oh it's so lovely coming to visit your blog, Serenata; you've inspired me to start taking more photos for my blog now that I'm getting about more easily
ReplyDelete(((hugs)))
Sharon