
What a lovely day it was today. The sun was shining and it was lovely and warm. What a difference nice weather with blue skies makes to how you feel. I had a great day at Essex Cavy Society Show and did very well with both my abyssinians 'Owen' & 'Victor' and my lunkarya 'Alexander'.
Yesterday afternoon I remembered the carboot that was on up the road from where we live, and although it had already been on for nearly two hours I thought I might as well pop up there, even if it was just to buy an icecream! Well I was in luck.
Next I found a milk jug and sugar bowl that matched a cup and saucer I have that was my Nan's. I asked how much they wanted for them and was told £1.50 - well I'm useless at trying to bargain and admire anyone who can stand in the hot sun all afternoon at a carboot trying to sell their wares so handed £1.50 over. I was still pleased as they were in lovely condition and matched the existing cup and saucer I already had. Just as I was leaving though I came across another stall and they had a cup, saucer, plate and cake plate from the same set.... how much I tentatively asked and was told £1 for the lot! Of course I snapped them up. So now all I have to find is one plate and I will have a nice 'tea for two' set.





Good job on the new treasures!! Glad you are having a sunny day!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Lisa
HaHaHa, balancing kiwi's...love it!
ReplyDeleteDo you want to know a secret?
I've found a shop that sells lovely NZ teatowels, not exactly the same as your featured one, but awesome all the less.
Have a great day, x
Great finds , well done for spotting them on the car boot. Bet you were thrilled to find them all matching around the car boot for that price too!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you found some lovely bargains!
ReplyDeleteNina x