The last two days have seen my sewing machines whirling away inbetween my teaching. I've made 5 bags, 2 purses (cosmetic?) and a cushion cover. I need to finish another couple of purses this evening and stuff some lavender hearts and sew them up. The bags are all overlocked, fully lined and have two pockets, one of the inside and one on the outside.

Pocket trimmed with ribbon
Labels on the inside pocket.Next up is a red floral bag.


Pink flowers and cosmetic purse.
All fully lined with pockets on inside and outside.
More vintage flowers.


Poppy flowers.
Pocket trimed with ribbon.
I've got a couple more purses to sew up and some lavender hearts to stuff and close this evening, which will hopefully keep me busy and keep my mind off things.
I'm feeling a rather sad though as Cloe, a lunkarya sow who was expecting babies today gave birth to five - four of which were left in their sacks. Whether they came too fast or not I don't know. I checked on her around mid-day and she hadn't had them. Now I'm feeling guilty for missing them as I may have been able to help. I sway from letting nature taking its course, to then feeling guilty for doing so when it goes wrong - I should have been there! I just hope she nurses the little one that is left. This has been a long awaited for litter as the Lunkarya's don't tend to fall pregnant very often and the most in a litter they've had so far is only two, so this would have been such a big bonus, but it is very seldom they give birth on their 'due' date. I am gutted I missed it.

Sorry to hear about the little ones. Good luck to the mum and the survivor.
ReplyDeleteYour bags are magnificent. I have just got a pattern very similar to that one called a Poochie bag. Have you heard of it? Unfortunately my sewing machine has gone all wrong and is driving me mad. It is going to have to go to the service shop. Not many of them around. I mis my sewing! I am going mad knitting to compensate!
You sure have stitched up a lot of goodness. Such cute bags and purses.
ReplyDeleteI love the bags, Serenata, especially the first blue one (there's a surprise) but also the second one and the vintage flowers. I also understand how awful the feeling of responsiblity is for your animals - somehow I feel worse about my pets than I do about my sons, because I basically know what to do for the boys, but what if I did the wrong thing for the animals? It's a very helpless feeling at times, being responsible for such little creatures. I do sympathise.
ReplyDeleteLove the bags Lorraine - they are so detailed :) So sorry to hear about the little babies :(
ReplyDelete