Yesterday morning when my alarm went off at 6 am I thought to myself, Why am I doing this? I must be mad! But still I dragged myself out of bed, had breakfast, showered and dressed, made my lunch and packed up the piggies in their travel boxes and into the car and set off to the London Championship Show (Ruby Anniversary) held at Rivermead Leisure Centre in Reading, Berkshire.
It was a very busy day and the very warm as it was a glorious day - shame most of it had to be spent indoors. It was great meeting up with people I hadn't seen in ages.
As it turns out it was a very worthwhile day as well with my Abyssinian's doing extremely well in the stock show winning Best in Show and second BIS!
My star Aby Owen displaying his rosettes below.

Owen's cage looking very busy with all the rosettes. You can just see him lying down in the back of the cage having eaten all his greens!
A view down one of the aisles - the only one I could find not crowded with people!
My little Ernie did very well, winning Best U/5.


I was also absolutely delighted to win Best New & Emerging with Alexander my Lunkarya. He has done exceedinly well for me winning every class he has ever been in (with the exception of one, where the judge refused to judge him for some unknown reason!), in all age groups as an Under 5, 5/8 months and now an adult! To win at the London Show was the icing on the cake!


Congratulations. It looks like you had a fabulous day and how wonderful to receive so many ribbons. Hugs, Marty
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Aren't they all wonderful? You must put in a lot of work to keep them so spruce and healthy! About yourself - have you seen a doc about the headaches? I'm a bit worried about you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fab day.. well done to all!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for popping by my blog.. glad you were inspired!
Yvonne x
Well done to them all. It was worth your early morning for all that. Oh, the last one...I havve an urge to knit something with him! He's adorable!
ReplyDeleteWell Done team! How exciting! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Lisa
Gosh, the long haired piggie reminds me so much of an old uni art lecturer...hysterical!
ReplyDeleteDo you ever put his hair in bunches, with ribbons, pleeeeease!
Well done Team Piggie!!