Tuesday, 16 February 2010

I've been sewing!

String Challenge Update - I've added a few more squares to my pile.

Then I became inspired to try something else...

I thought I'd make myself a zippered bag to take on holiday.


This is it so far...

It even has a zipped pocket inside! Took me several prototypes to work out how to do it.


Tomorrow I need to make the handle.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmm - Nice baggy - Like what you have done here with your strips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic and well done you for adding a zipped pocket, I'm not brave enough to go there yet.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous, was it difficult putting in the zip - I really NEED to try zippers! I bet the excitement levels are pretty high now?

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! that's lovely & you'll enjoy using it too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You clever girl, it's beautiful and I'm sure it'll get you many admiring glances.

    It's quite nostalic looking at these strips, memories of long gone fabrics.

    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete