Thursday, 4 February 2010

Toad in the Hole

Not really knowing what to cook for dinner tonight as in rather a state of apathy at the moment, I was inspired by Floss's post today on her recipe books. Looking in the freezer I realised the only viable meat available was sausages so knowing that DS2 likes Toad in the Hole I searched out a recipe as I've never made it before.


It turned out rather well and we all enjoyed dinner very much.

Desert was a slice of rather scrummy lemon cake I made this afternoon.




Yesterday afternoon I found a denim jacket in the CS. I've never really worn denim jackets before, but when I saw this one with the pretty embroidered flowers and soft denim I couldn't resist it.


I think this will be just perfect to take with me on holiday when I need a light jacket to wear. Oh yes and the scarf made its way into my shopping bag as well. At only £1 I couldn't resist, I do like my scarves and needed a little pick me up.
Thank you for all the lovely supportive comments I've had recently. I have tried replying to most, but if I've missed you please know that I really do appreciate them.

11 comments:

  1. WOW! Yummy and cute! YOu have been busy! Enjoy your great dinner!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh wouldn't it be a shame if you left that jacket at our house? Mmmm maybe I should get hubby to install a coat cupboard promptly, out of sight, out of mind.

    Now I've heard of toad in the hole, but have no idea what that would actually be. I'm guessing the sausages are the toads?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure is a cool jacket - perfect for travelling. Not long now until your trip! That cake looks delicious - I'm not commenting on main as we have a saying in our family that life is too short - so eat desert first! Of course the mother never lets us - but the mother isn't here! Enjoy today

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really should make toad in the hole for the kids. I can't face it myself as I stopped eating anything with batter ages ago - I'll have sausage & mash then !

    Lovely little jacket. I'm off to the charity shops this weekend too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy food, yummy jacket, yummy post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love toad in the hole, yum. Oh and the lemon dake looks magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I DO love denim jackets and I think that there might have been a bit of a struggle over that one if I'd been shopping with you! Well done on getting there before me!

    I'm glad our recipe books inspired you - I have never made Toad in the Hole either. It might be fun with those chunky Saucisses de Toulouse I was cooking the other day...

    Thinking of you all.

    Floss

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow first time and it looks delicious.

    The jacket is fantastic so girly and it looks great with the scarf.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Delia, your baking looks good - I could just eat a slice of that cake with my cuppa, if there's any left that is! Hope things have settled down for you? x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That toad in the hole looks delicious. Funny, but although my daughter likes sausages and likes yorkshire pudding she doesn't like toad. Good find in the cs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always wondered what toad in the hole was lol
    That cake looks yum!!!

    ReplyDelete