I have had a productive day today.
The hallway has been reclaimed...the before pictures were too bad to show! But the hallway was full of boxes from when DS1 cleared his room to decorate it. Also piled up by his door were loads of tins of paint, paint brushes and rollers....the boy certainly doesn't know how to clean his equipment after himself...even if he did do a great job on his room! The units were piled high with DVDs that hadn't been put away.
Boxes emptied, sorted...most of the stuff has either gone in the charity box and clothes bags to be dropped off on Monday, into the rubbish, paper bin or shredded! The paint tins are now stored in the garage. I have dusted, polished and vacuumed and moved my china cabinet from the hallway - where it has been damaged by DS2 - to the lounge where hopefully it will less likely be knocked against.
Just need to find somewhere for the oil column heater to live now!
My china display cabinet with the damaged edge. I think our neighbour a couple of houses down does veneer work, so will pop down to ask them if it can be repaired.
On top of the cabinet will be a seasonal display area. The log with the bit of ribbon round it was sent to me several years ago now by a New Zealand blogging friend of mine from a beach I used to enjoy walking along. The acorns were picked up at Down House on Thursday.
The bottom shelf holds my New Zealand pottery - unfortunately the last time I was over there I noticed that there didn't seem to be as many of the lovely craft and pottery shops around as there used to be.
The second shelf contains my lovely little vases that another friend sent me when she heard that I liked them. The 'odd man out' is the coffee pot I bought in Germany when visiting my friend in 2011.
The top shelf is where my Nancy Ann Storybook Dolls live. Plus the three little BJDs hang out there when they are not busy doing other things!
You are so correct about the lack of pottery places now. Every beach place or country town used to have them and craft stores scattered but not now. I am lucky to have a friend that is a potter, most of her stuff ends up in garden art/cafes.
ReplyDeleteIts looking good :) Loving your woodland folk vases - can't think of the name but I love that stuff :)
ReplyDelete