Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Photography Birds, Drawing Birds.

The birds have really been out in force the last couple of days...perhaps because the temperatures have dropped significantly and they are starting to prepare for winter?

I was delighted to see two Nuthatch at the same time today. (photos taken through patio doors)





Love the way they just hang upside down.


The little Blue Tit's were busy feeding on the peanuts.


A pair of Ring Neck Doves


A little Chaffinch.

During the weekend when clearing and sorting through all the 'stuff' I found DS1's old sketching pencils.




Three pencils are missing, but these will do nicely for any projects I have in mind...which I do!

The last time I drew any birds was when I was about 16 or 17 years old...so quite some time ago, but I have always loved birds and when I read a blog friend's blogpost yesterday and she mentioned she had just bought a book about drawing birds, I just had to look the book up on Amazon.  Before I knew it I had pressed purchase and the book landed through my letterbox this morning!  Wow, that was fast!


The book looks really interesting and I couldn't wait to get started.


This was my first attempt today and I have to say I really surprised myself.  
I can't wait to attempt some more tomorrow.

Just seen a woodpecker on the feeder as well!




4 comments:

  1. This is looking great! You should have seen my chickadee that prompted me to get the book. so exciting to see you drawing--I told you!!!

    I can't believe how fast the book delivery was.

    I am with the other lady who said "If this is what you consider a slow day..." Man, you have a lot of energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, not really! I have pretty much sat on my backside all day...with the only exception being when I did the photo shoot for Henry's blog!

      Now of course I have realised that I have no idea what we are going to have for dinner and it is 6pm! Yikes!

      Delete
    2. Oh and thank you so much for the inspiration and encouragement.

      Delete
  2. First attempt is pretty dam good!! Hope you keep photographing your models in your back yard. The birds here a busy building nests, yay Spring for and even bigger yay for Summer!! What part of NZ are you originally from?

    ReplyDelete