Saturday, 5 December 2009

Handmade Christmas Swap

I have to confess to not achieving a lot yesterday. Not sure what time I got out of bed, but it certainly wasn't especially early and when I did I seemed to just procrastinate all day. I went in and out of the Cavy shed trying to decide whether or not to go to the show I'd entered today and didn't prepare any pigs or travel boxes. We had my husbands grandmother's homes Christmas Party last night and when we came home from that I made a half hearted effort to prepare the boxes - that was all. Needless to say I felt differently this morning and was up at 5.30am washing and preparing pigs! Never again will I leave it to the very last minute. I had a lovely day at the show and as I only had to drive a short distance to my friend who took me, it was a lot easier on my arm/shoulder.

However, something rather wonderful did happen yesterday afternoon - a parcel arrived - all the way from Down Under - this time Australia from the lovely Marina of Maisie and the boys



Oh I felt rather overwhelmed unwrapping this little lot - look at the lovely blue and white fabric and the teddy bear wrapped gifts.


The perfect card for me!

Isn't this so beautiful - the work in it is amazing - finished nicely with the blue beads.


Marina was so generous in giving me some of her wonderful blue and white stash fabric.



It will take me a long time to use this!

More exquisite embroidery - I cross stitch, but have never attempted hand embroidery and admire anyone who does this.


Even the detail on the other side is lovely - perfect for Christmas.

Some lovely Christmas fabric - oh I do feel spoiled.
and the Pièce de résistance...

The most stunning cushion cover that will become very much apart of our Advent/Christmas tradition and something I will truely treasure forever.
I really can't believe how lucky I have been the last couple of days with the two most gorgeous Christmas swaps I have received. Thank you sooo very much.


So much work and love has gone into this.

6 comments:

  1. You are very Welcome I enjoyed putting the gifts together and am glad you liked them so much.
    Glad you made it out to have a good day at the cavy show.
    cheers
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic swap, and Marina is such a talented needlewoman, the heart and cushion cover are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a wonderful Christmas gift! I love that cushion cover so much. Did Marina handstitch the embroidery? It's amazing if she did. Every home needs one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the cushion cover! Wonder where I can find the pattern! I'd love to make it. Not for this year, but perhaps for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely swap, the stitchery on the cushion is really beautiful.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful parcel - a lovely thing to receive!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete