We came home with a selection of small cacti today...most where £1 each...I have an idea for a little 'Cacti Garden' as soon as I find a suitable pot/bowl in which to put them...I am drawing up some ideas of how I want them placed within this little 'garden'.
I've been experimenting a little with my camera again. I saw some raindrops on a spider web and thought it would be fun to try and capture them on film, using manual settings.
With this first, it was obvious I didn't have the exposure right at all.
Focal Length: 60.0mm
Exposure: 1/1000s
Aperture: F5.6
ISO: 1300
Focal Length: 60.0mm
Exposure: 1/200s
Aperture: F2.8
ISO: 1600
No where near as sharp as I would like, but you can at least see the web and the reflection in the rain drops.
Focal Length: 60.0mm
Exposure: 1/200s
Aperture: F2.8
ISO: 3200
I found it a right juggling act trying to get the tripod set up right and then adjust the settings and focus.
Focal Length: 60.0mm
Exposure: 1/200s
Aperture: F2.8
ISO: 2500
After taking these photos I realised I hadn't changed the aperture setting except the once and probably should have!
Focal Length: 60.0mm
Exposure: 1/200s
Aperture: F2.8
ISO: 2000
Obviously need to practice these techniques if I am to photograph rain drops on spider webs a lot!
Focal Length: 60.0mm
Exposure: 1/200s
Aperture: F4.5
ISO: 3200
I then changed the lens to my stock lens and tried the macro-converter.
Focal Length: 55.0mm
Exposure: 1/200s
Aperture: F5.6
ISO: 2500
Focal Length: 55.0mm
Exposure: 1/200s
Aperture: F5.6
ISO: 2500
I took the shot of the Collared Dove below so I could practice drawing its head.
However through the patio doors the shot is rather disappointing so will try again on a warmer drier day!
The raindrops on spiderweb potos are very inspiring and beautiful.
ReplyDelete